Monday, July 2, 2012

new transfer, area, and president

Wow, I just lost what was quite a sizable email, and all of my attempts to recover it have been futile. Prepare yourselves for the revised version cause I am too lazy to write it out again, I have been cleaning ALL day. 

Óla!
So yup, I got transfered. I am in Medianeira ( Zone Porto Alegre) w/ my new companion Elder Alencar from Fortaleza, Ceará (up north... which is still south for you ha. ) He is way cool, I already like him. I would say he is excited or upbeat.. but I think he passes either one of those two words... maybe hyper-active would be more accurate. He plays guitar and sings though, so that it fun ha. So far, really like him. I miss Elder Amaral soooo much though, I love him a lot, I was really looking forward to another transfer with him. (Still slightly upset about being transfered, but trying to mantain a submissive humility in compliance w/ The Lords´will :P ) It was really hard to say good bye to everyone in Agronomia though, I will miss them a lot, I can although already see some of The Lords´ wisdom in transfering me.

By the way, advice for future missionaries. When you are transfered. PLEASE leave the apartment at least semi-clean for the next guy. All I am going to say about that.

Sad news: President and Sister Swenson left for home on Saturday.. :(
Happy news: President and Sister Castro and family showed up on Saturday. (still haven´t met them)
We have zone council tomorrow followed by interviews w/ all the ZL´s tomorrow so we will know who they are finally , plus on Wednesday we have zone conference, again followed by interviews. We will be leaving last becaue we live the closest, so anybody who has to transfer will be interviewed and leave first. It might be a long two days, I am really excited though.
By the way, my English has gotten way better, SO much easier to switch back and forth now.

Sounds like you are having a bumper crop of fruit back home, I love telling people the variaties of fruit in our yard, things like raspberries and blackberries and cherries are rare and expensive here. But we run a little short on guava and mango in the states, and also, bananas are WAY better here.

We have a few investgators here already and they are progressing well, but our teaching pool is really small, we are working on doing some activities to excite the ward a bit and work with member referals. ( I challenge ALL of you who read this to think of somebody that you could refer the missionaries to pass this referal to them, or better, talk with your friend and invite them, and then invite the missionaries, helps SOOO much, or if you would like to hear the missionaries, talk to you closest LDS friend and they can help you out.)

So that is the more or less resumed email, that still turned out to be a good length really. I love you all, hope all is well. Thank you for all your prayers on my behalf.

Elder David F Morgan

No comments: