Monday, July 30, 2012

Short on time

Óla!
Ya, there is no time again to write, also the backspace on this keyboard is in the wrong place and it is REALLY throwing me off.
Summing up (sorry)
Maicon was baptized on Saturday. We spent all day there fiddling with the heater that literally caught fire at the last baptism trying to get the water warm. At the last minute the person who was supossed to pick up Maicon couldn´t, and it was stressful. But when Maicon showed up that baptismal went really well. He gave Brother Lima a big hug after the ordinance was finished and we sang all together to try and keep The Spirit while they were changing clothes.
Maicon bore his testimony afterwards as well (never seen that before) he was really converted and it was very powerful. We never got a Book of Mormon in braile for him, but we are working on geting materials, until now he just listens to it.
He received the Aaronic preisthood yesterday after his confirmation and the ward is really embracing him.
Silvana didn´t manage to leave the cigarettes, her son went to the hospital and when she was way stressed she smoked a few, but she has progressed SOOO much in these last few weeks, I am 100% sure that she will be baptized soon.
Also, we had a miracle, Ione, a guy in the wards mom, has been investigating the church for who knows how many years now, and we have been teaching her. A few days ago we got a text from her son telling us to go to a member's house and they were going to meet us there. She really wants to be baptized and we prayed with her, went over the baptismal interview questions, she went to church this Sunday and is really excited to take this really important step. What a miracle. She wants to be a good example for her children who are less active and she is wants to do what is right. The Lord is blessing us so much.
There will be transfers again this next week, but it would be a big suprise if I left. Honestly, I am still adapting to the ward and the area, it is being a little rough.
I stopped puking, now Elder Alencar is a mess. Bummer.
Hey, times up. I love you all very much. Thank you for your prayers.


Elder David F Morgan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello E. F. Mongan's Family

I'm Nathan, from Agronomia Ward.
I'm very happy that Elder F. Morgan is doing great in Medianeira Ward.
He's a very good friend of mine. Actually to me he's my best friend.
But missionary life is busy. There's a lot of work to find the children of Heavenly Father. So I can get in touch with Elder F. Morgan a lot.
He made a huge difference in my life. Would you please tell him that I love him and that he's my best friend and I'm missing all the divisions. I'm gonna keep praying for him and his companion and the people they are teaching.
Thank you so much for sharing him with us. You guys helped him to bless my life too =D

Dee dee said...

Nathan, thanks for sharing with us. We are so happy that you have a good friendship with Elder Morgan. I'm sure he loves you also. Please feel free to keep in touch with us. I will tell Elder Morgan that you said hi.