Monday, July 16, 2012

Sem Assunto

Óla!
So, once again I will be starting my email like this: Wow, I´m tired, haha just getting that out of the way.


We had a week that was not EXCELLENTE but had some good parts!
We started teaching a guy named Maicon, He is 23 years old, very intelligent, and interestingly.. blind. We invited him to be baptized and he accepted to prepare himself for baptism and to learn more. He came to church on Sunday and really liked it a lot. He lives really close to a recent convert named Carol so he went with her and she has been there to answer questions for him and everything. We are working on getting a copy of The Book of Mormon ( or O Livro de Mórmon) in audio or brail for him. We found one in brail, but it was english, why? I don´t know. He is way nice and pays attention to EVERYTHING, he told me it is easy to pick me out because of my accent, I am the gringo haha. But my accent is getting better, there is some people who haven´t believed me when I said I was north american, they think I am from Santa Catarina or something like that. Anyways he went to church fasting and has a lot of curiosity to know more, and we have lots of hopes for me, please keep him in your prayers, we hope for him to be baptized at the end of this month.


We are also teaching a lady named Silvana, her son is already a member of the church and she is very interested, wants to be baptzed, but is just having some problems giving up her smokes. We are making goals and helping her with that, we even thought of using this as a way to find people to teach, offer classes about how to quit smoking, you would be suprised at how much of that we do as missionaries. She is way funny, we and another member gave her a blessing this last week, and she lives way close to the relief society president that helps her a lot.


Also, on Friday all of our lights went out, (Elder Alencar was taking a shower and it went cold on him hehe) we passed the weekend just using candles because we couldn´t get an electrition... electrician... how do you spell that? In portuguese it´s eletricista. Anyways he was only able to come today, so we have power again.


We have been receiving a lot of member referals lately, almost too many for us to keep up with, but President Castro has really been stressing that we work with members and priesthood leaders, we managed to meet some of these referals and a few are GOLDEN, we just need to start teaching them now. We were going to have a family night yesterday with a couple in the ward and another young couple, but at the last minute they had to cancel.. bummer. Please pray for us to have success with this, and that these people with be able to meet with us and open to The Gospel.


We have been walking ALOT, our area is like a giant bowl, and we live in the middle, but anywhere else we want to go is up up up. It is good though. We also had interviews with the rest of the zone this last Friday, President Castro talked with Elder Alencar and I at the end to talk about our zone and what we could do. Again, already love that man. It seems weird to think he has only been here three weeks.


We used the frisbee today, playing soccer, and frisbee etc. It was way fun, just WAY too many people.


OH!!! I learned how to solve a rubiks cube this week too!


In closing, I have been thinking a lot about the concept of gossip this week. It really isn´t necessary. I don´t know if it is a hymn or just a song, but it was sung at General Conference, titled. ´Let us all speak kind words to each other´ I would add, to and about each other. Let us see others as The Savior sees us and speak kindly to others. Just something I have been thinking about recently. All of my love!


Elder David F. Morgan

No comments: