Monday, April 16, 2012

No title, it was a good week

Oi!
What?! Jared is going to Russia?!! that´s awesome!!! Congradulations! When did we get this old?! It kind of freaks me out seeing my buddies leave on missions, or friends getting married, etc. I can´t believe this coming week is hump week for me! (the means the one year mark) Anyways, 100% congrats for Jared, that will be awesome! Ha and super cold!

So, AGAIN, I don´t really remember most of this week. I can´t believe this was only the first week of the new transfer. Our week was CELESTIAL. We taught  A LOT, had members present in most of our lessons, we had investigators at church, and Clarissa was baptized on Saturday and yesterday was confirmed a member of A Igreja de Jesus Cristo, dos Santos dos Últimos Dias. (the name of the church) Needless to say, this week pretty much rocked. I feel very grateful that The Lord is blessing us so much.
  We are working really closely with a family. Moacir, Madelaine, Ricardo, and Eduardo. They are super great, I can tell they are feeling The Spirit, but we really are helping them to develop a firmer faith in Christ so they can progress in The Gospel. You would never think it was so hard for somebody to pray right? They have started to share with us experiences they have had, applying what they have learned with us (prayer etc.) and it is obvious that The Lord is working in their lives. I hope we can be an instrument in His hands to help them accept the Gospel.
We have a few other families that we are working with and we have a lot of hope for them. It will really require dedication and prayers, and after all we can do I know The Lord will make up the rest where we will inevitably fall short. That is the amazing thing about The Lord´s plan, it allows and requires that we grow and do ALL we can do, while still helping us to be humble and rely on him.
 Clarissa´s baptism was really good. It rained really hard all that day, so only people who have cars (not many) came to her baptism, but it was a good simple. I forgot to bring my camera and send pictures, but I will do that next week. I am REALLY bad about taking pictures. REALLY bad. Really. It was really spiritual though and she was very pleased. And yesterday was her birthday, so WHAT a present right?
  We had another mini miracle too.  A lady we have been teaching, Káren, has been having trouble to come to church because she worked really odd hours, but she found a different job, with normal stable hours and we will be able to work with her a lot more and she will be able to come to church now! She came yesterday!
Also! Last week, E. Almeida got transferred here to our zone, and I was able to ask him how Camaquã was when he left. That family that came to stake conference when I was there (Valmir, Jossara, and Camilla) they had been going to church when he left and were becoming active members of the church again! The Lord really does hear and answer our prayers, sometime, somewhere. I prayed so much about them when I was there and I was so happy to know they are now coming back and are going to be able to reap all the blessings that Heavenly Father has for them,
 Next, SUPER exciting notice. On Abril 27, Élder Jeffery R. Holland will be coming to visit both Porto Alegre North, and POA South missions! WHAT?! I am so excited, looks like he will be visiting Grant´s mission and then be coming here the following week! How exciting will that be! To meet and learn directly from and Apostle of The Lord Jesus Christ on a more intimate and personal setting. General Conference is amazing, but it will for sure be a little different than being in the same room. I am really looking forward to that!
 Wow, a lot to do and take in. Life sure is funny huh?
We were going to have a zone activity today to unite and excite the zone a little bit, but nobody has any money, our monthly allotment hasn't come in yet so we will have to postpone that until next week. It will be good though.
  That about sums it up. Next time I write I will have been a missionary for over a year. I have no idea when that happened. Sometimes I feel like I have so much time left and then other times I feel like my mission is already ending and that it is gone by too fast for me to keep up with.
 Just a thought... hang on, i´m having trouble translating it in my head.. Basically it comes down to, don´t wait for The Lord to humble you, when he is blessing you, keep doing what is right so he can continue to do so. Humble yourself, it is a lot easier that way.

Tudo de bom pra vocês e tudo de meu amor.
Seu Filho, Irmão, e amigão-
Elder David. F Morgan

No comments: