Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hard Week, SOOOO worth it

Oi!
  So, I´m actually here in the mission office writing this email. It´s been 11 months since I have been here, weird. So I am in those weird 3 days between when I was set apart as a missionary, travled and arrived in at the CTM. So yesterday, today, and tomorrow are all part of my ´month markers´ here in the mission. Ya, it´s now been eleven. One more and I will have been a missionary for a year. I don´t know if I´m ready for that yet.
   Congradulations to Jenn and Chris! Gracie is a real cutie! I just some other Elders in here her pictures. I am so happy for you, I can´t wait to meet her ha. Grace is actually one of my favorite names for a girl too ha! Tão Perfeitinha ela é. And everybody is recovering well?
Skyler is a district leader? That´s awesome! He sent me an email a long while back. I´m not allowed to email back ha but I forgot to ask for his address. Could somebody get that for me?
   Oh since Grant said it I can say it too then. I didn´t say anything cause I didn´t want anybody freaking out. Ha I got robbed too. Well our house did. They didn´t take that much though. Just my nike´s and some money that we (I) had lying around. Ha and they cut their hand breaking open our door so they left some blood around. It was kind of crazy haha. I took pictures. I guess they didn´t know spend all day away from home or they could have basically taken everything. What a blessing that they didn´t right?
   So we had a pretty hard week. I can´t believe that we actually managed to get as much work done as we did. We had a goal to have 10 lessons with a member present this week. We had a division, emergency meetings and other such nonsense that got in the way, plus our zone is having some transfers that are happening, so the week was kind of turned upside down, but it was still really good.
  Yara is progressing well. She is workign towards baptism and really seeking answers to her prayers. We brought the bishop with us to go visit her on tuesday and she was just tickled pink over that. The light went out during the lesson, (that happens a lot her) so we taught in the dark. We are really praying for a family to start teaching, The Gospel really does bless families in incredible ways and the best way to apply it is in the family, and where we also reap the most blessings.
  A young lady we started teaching went to church this week. We didn´t get her ´´namarido´´ (bofriend/husband) to go with us. We havn´t been able to teach him much yet, just once. She is progressing well. We had a neat experience where The Spirit helped us discern what she needed and we were able to ask some questions that helped us to know her needs better and where she could see what was keeping her from finding answers to her prayers. Her name is Suianne. She is sixteen.... and has a ten month old baby so we would really like to help their family be united and grow in The Gospel. Big problem her is little kids trying to play house. 16, 15, 14, or even younger teenagers starting families, and they can´t manage to get along and usually the family ends up being broken up.
We worked super hard this week, it payed off. It wasn´t without some pain, but it was good. We are making cards for all the members who taught with us this week. (trying to butter them up a little haha)
I had a lot of really deep thoughts for this week that I have completely forgotten right now.
   It is starting to cool down here. Still hot, but cooling. Personally I would be fine with just baking for the next year. Cold weather and I are not good freinds. Just bugs that get me. Ha one thing here. So especially because we are out in the woods, there is lots of bugs. Even closing the house off, using a fan, and putting on bug spray at night I still wake up with spots of blood all over my shirt from where mosquitos got squished in the night. Something a little nitty-gritty for ya. ´
  To finish, because I´can´t remember my profound thoughts. A quoute I found by President Monson.
´Never let a problem to be solved, become more important than a person to be loved.´
I find that to be very good advice in regard to missionary work.
Lot´s of love.
Seu Filho, Irmão, e Amigo
Elder David F Morgan
  
  
  

No comments: