Monday, October 15, 2012

Without A Title...

Óla!
Well, what can I say about this week?
It was actually pretty normal. We gave a training for the zone on Wednesday. We talked to them about the importance of always seeking new people to teach, even when we have a great teaching pool, because you never know when everyone will fall through, and it is important to be finding, while we teach and baptize, all at the same time. We also trained about how to cease teaching investigators who are not progressing ( a challenge we are having in the zone, eternal investigators) Our purpose is to invite people, and in the most loving way possible, show them that repentance and convenents are the only way to follow The Savior, if they don´t want to do so, we need to continue to seek others who are ´kept from the truth because they know not where to find it´ and who will accept those invitations. We also made some fun videos to inspire and excite them. I feel like it went well, in our weekly report yesterday the whole zone had done much better.

I honestly was a little bummed with myself this week, even though our work got better, I feel like I could have done better. We didn´t plan very well, and it seemed like everything fell through this week, so we did a lot of unproductive walking, which is not my favorite activity. I don´t really like going home feeling defeated, but seeing that the whole zone did better this week, picked me up a bit.

On a fun note. We moved our study desks into the "living room" of our apartment and found out that the accustics there are SOOO good. So now we have started to sing hymns before our study, and sometimes at night.

We have zone conference this week and I am hoping to receive some personal revelation to have a little bit of direction in our area. We are working hard, but without many results so we are needing to change our strategy I guess. We started talking to people about geneology, something that I have never tried before, we are going to find out what is the schedule of the family history center and make some flyers we can give to people. It was fun to share with Elder de Almeida some stories that I remembered reading from our family history.

I feel this odd desire to always be smiling lately. I feel like a goof walking down the street trying to wipe the grin off my face. Even when something cruddy happens, I have this perma-grin on, or at lest the desire to.. it is weird.

Anyways. I am trying to think of a spiritual thought, but I feel like I am repeating myself a lot. I was reading in Mosias today, I could see that sometimes The Lord see´s fit to try our faith and patience, as Elder Anderson said, with faith, comes the tests of our faith, which bring more faith. I think the best way to endure it well, is to seek out our blessings, and be drenched in gratitude to The Lord. We are going through a trial of faith in our area right now, but we are trying to endure it well, and we may even try to literally count our many blessings :)

I love you. I try to remember to pray for you, but there is a lot to think about here :p
Elder David F Morgan

No comments: