Monday, October 8, 2012

My Mind Is Fried

Óla!
I swear, listening to training, and having meetings and conferences is the most tiring thing in the world! On monday we took a bus to Porto Alegre, and got there late. We had zone leaders council at Pres. Castro´s house (sweet right?) that took most the of day, and then we hopped on the bus and went back to Pelotas (three and a half hour bus ride, so not TOO bad). Wednesday afternoon we had specialized training w/ Pres Castro and the assistants and at about 6:30 we went on splits with them and managed to get a little bit of work done, but sadly not much. Thursday we had breakfast as a zone and interviews w/ Pres Castro, but the time went by and so Elder de Almeida and I weren´t interviewed. No probs, because we have zone conference in a few weeks so we will do it then.. I think. O ALSO, ´we´ ( not I) lost our cell phone on the bus coming into Pelotas woohoo! Friday we had a meeting with the Bishopric, and afterwards our ward mission leader, Madger. Then of course summing up in the awesome sessions of General Conference on saturday and sunday. My mind is so fried that I haven´t been making it to 10:30, after planning our day, I get ready for bed, pray , and sleep, the extra half hour is SO precious.
So just because it NEEDS to be said. Let us all agree that President Uchtdorf, is still, The Man. I love that he always seems to talk about, slowing it down, finding joy in the journey, what is really important in life etc. We are going to adapt his talk to the mission in our training on wednesday. Just a quote from what he said I want to share. ( I heard it in portuguese so if it comes out a little different, bare with me.) ´ Many of the regrets of tomorrow, can be avoided, if we choose to follow The Savior Jesus Christ, today.´ We are going to ask the missionaries what kind of regrets are possible to have at the end of a mission looking back and what kind of action we can take today, to avoid those regrets and find joy in the journey of our missions.
Elder Hollands talk was way good, he had given a talk similar in the MTC and it was transmitted to us in SÃO Paulo when I was there.
Ha, funny story. Elder de Almeida and I showed up after the special missionary announcement. So when all of the speakers wer mentioning what a historic moment it was and how grateful they are (yet never mentioning what was actually announced) I was freaking out wanting to know what it was, lessons learned, show up early! It was Elder Nelson that bailed us out and acutally said what changed. So yup, Elder´s can go with 18 years now and the Sisters with 19. That should increase drastically the amount of missionaries in the world (one would hope) and I hope it gets many other yound men preparing sooner. Ha, about the sisters. All the Elder feel shafted, haha all the girls that would be in our in our dating group when we go home ( aka 19-20 year olds) will now be married or on missions, so we got the short end of the stick ha.
President Monson and Pres Eyering both talked about what has really been on my mind lately (suprise) Knowing the will of The Lord, and acting on spiritual promptings to fufill that will and be of service to others. I personally, don´t know how we are going to help our area or our zone to grow and get out of the rut that it is in right now, but The Lords knows, so it is essential that we know His will and do it. It is also an excellent recipe for happiness. :)
Sadly, or teaching this week was a bust. We left in between sessions of conference and tried to get some work done, but nobody wanted to hear us this week it seemed like, and every plan we had fell through. I don´t like getting to that moment where I think ´well, what do we do now?´ Days, like that, you just throw a smile on, give your comp a hug, and buy something you really like to eat at the end of the day. :p
Wow, I´m hungry.
Our training w/ Pres. Castro was also very inspiring, we talked about asking inspired questions to our investigators, and how The Savior also asked questions that really changed people.
Okay, time is coming up.
I love you all very much. I love this work too. Make others feel important and loved this week.
Elder David F Morgan

No comments: