Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Temple Dedication of Manaus

Óla
I know you all must be very busy with so much family being in town, I hope Grandma´s funeral was very nice, I hardly think it is possible to condense all the wonderfulness of Grandma´s life into such a short period of time, but I am sure that the dedication of her life touched many hearts. I hope you are all well and that you are enjoying the time together to remember the things that are of real importance.

We had a fairly good, but also trying week here. I love Elder Amaral lots and he makes it much easier to get through the current trials we are facing in our area, cause at least we are always laughing together. We are having a hard time finding new people to teach and just do the over all missionary work. Conceição is still progressing well, she REALLY wants to be baptized so very bad, but is still having trouble getting out of the Sunday work. Please don´t forget to pray for her. We are really wanting to get out of whatever rut we seem to be in at the moment, it is a combination of a lot of things, I can tell that The Lord´s hand is in all things, and that He is blessing us a lot, and helping us to get back on top of everything again.

It finally got cold here, like gloves, and beanie and scarf cold. Then it warmed up again, should have a pretty hot week, but I got a friendly reminder that winter is on its´ way. During these two cold weeks, our shower head and heater both were broken. BRRRRR but a really great brother came over and he fixed them for us. He also gave me a new pair of shoes/boots, I still wear mine, but these new ones will be really good for when it starts raining (mostly because mine are unlined, there aren´t giant holes in them)

Very cool from this week was that yesterday, another temple was dedicated here in Brasil. The Brasil Manaus temple. Manaus is in the northernmost state of Brasil, while I am in the state furthest south. So, other side of the country that is huge, but still cool. The temple sits right on the bank of the Rio Negro of... that´s right, The Amazon. ´The Man´ came to dedicate the temple, and the dedication ceremony was really touching and it brought back many memories of when the Medford Temple was dedicated and when dad was working on the temple in Washington. President Faust was mentioned, he served here in the south, and loved the people of Brasil. I will always remember ´helping´ to put the corner stone mortor in, and that dad mentioned I should write a letter thanking him, then to my great suprise I got a letter back! I had a fun time sharing that with the other missionaries here. What a blessing to have yet another temple, here in Brasil, and in the world! All that we do as missionaries is directed to the blessings of the temple, and all the blessings of the temple point to Christ, the Plan of Happiness, and sealing our families togethr throughout all eternity. I am so grateful for the blessings of temples. This is what comforts me being so far away during this time in our family, I hope you can all remember the purpose of the temple and the Plan of Happiness.

That´s it for this week. I love you.

Elder David F Morgan

No comments: