Monday, May 28, 2012

(No title)

Óla família e amigos.
So, not really sure what to write about to be honest, as I have been reading your emails about Grandma in the last few minutes, my whole feeling about what I thought that I would write has changed.

I had recently been talking with Irmã Carla (our bishops wife) about when we lose loved ones etc. We were both sharing stories about our grandparents (clearly, with grandparents like mine, there is lots to tell haha) And we talked about when it comes to the end of a dear ones life, we generally express sentiments of love mingled with regret, ´I should have spent more time´, ´If i´d only...´etc. I know that I have some of the same feelings about Grandma Morgan.

I know that there were lots of times I thought to visit her and just didn´t `get around to it´ (that´s a terrible phrase by the way) but even if we had done so much and passed so much time with our loved ones, would we still feel the same way? I think so, maybe it would be less painful, but in moments of reflection and contemplation,´it could have been´is a rather common feeling.

All I can say is how grateful I am for the knowledge that families REALLY can  and WILL be together forever through Heavenly Father´s plan. I know that is true. It is an incredible and almost indescribable peace that comes through the knowledge of God´s plan for the salvation and happiness for His children, I wish I could write down how I feel. It is a feeling mingled with sadness, with thoughts of what could be different, but the most beatiful thing is that there is hope. Something to hang on to that brings peace. Through faithfulness to The Lord and his commandments, we will be happy in this life and will be with our loved ones again. A scripture comes to my mind, that really I don´t remember the reference or exactly how it is phrased, but it is speaking to death as if it were present. Where is your power? With The Ressurection of Jesus Christ, He conquered death, and it has lost its´sting.

I have the assurance, that I will see Grandma Morgan again, it is hard to be away from her during this time, but I know that those times I wasn´t with her won´t hurt, because I can see her forever, and that makes me so much more grateful for the times I did have with her, the things she taught me, and the love she always showed. I know that families really are eternal. I am so grateful for that knowledge, and I am so excited to be sharing that message with anyone who will listen, just like Grandma Morgan would want me to be. I love you Grandma, thank you so much for being a righteous example of service and for all the love. (And cookies and Ice cream too) again, I love you.
                                                     
                                                                                 *      *      *      *    *
I suppose you would like to be filled in a bit on the happenings here in Rio Grande do Sul ( I can´t say Brasil because all of the native missionaries say this isn´t like their country)
Elder Amaral is great, we have been working hard, but there is room for improvement, our investigators are ALL progressing towards baptism and confirmation, and we are very happy for them. The only thing is after there baptisms we will be at square one because our teaching pool is VERY small.
We fasted with Conceição this week to help her get out of working on Sunday. Wow time is almost out, this will have to wait until next week.

Lots of love Elder Morgan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your son is just awesome! He's an example to me. Thank you so much for sharing here with us. I will for sure a better missionary because of him. I love him like he was an older brother of mine =D

Anonymous said...

Hello Morgan Family,

I just wanted to leave a little comment. I served in the POA Sul mission 10 years ago and not a day goes by I'm not grateful for the experiences and people there in Rio Grande do Sul. I was actually online looking for the mission home address and typed in "Porto Alegre South Mission" and your blog popped up. I started reading a little bit to see where your son is serving and noticed he's in Camaqua. That was my first area! I saw he had a picture with the Cruz family too. When I started serving there we only had a group with a handful of members and he was in the Group presidency with my companion and I. What a small world. Anyway... I just wanted to thank you for helping me get the mission home address and let you know that from the little that I read your son sounds like a great missionary and that's exactly what the Brasilian people need and deserve. They are great people especially the Gauchos and they'll take great care of your son too. Side note, I also noticed that you're from Medford OR. I live up in Vancouver WA. Thanks again for your blog.

Ammon said...

Oops, just noticed when my comment posted that it was under my wife Cassidy's name. Sorry about that.