Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ói!
Truthfully I don´t really believe that I am already writing to you again, this was a pretty fast week. Can I just mention again that I can´t believe Shaun is graduated and there are no more Morgans in the Medford public school system?! Wow, now that I think about it, this week seemed pretty long...


On Tuesday we had our last zone conference with President and Sister Swenson before they leave. It was actually pretty normal but helped a lot, we talked about establishing goals and then making plans to fufill those goals. We ought to have goals and plans in our lived to acheive our full potenical. I like something that President said. ´We must set goals, and THEN make plans, if we don´t do it in that order we aren´t leaving space for faith, and for miracles´ I have found that to be true.
We also sang ´We´ll bring the World His Truth´ for them and a poem that a sister wrote, I was going to play piano, ha but I ended up conducting. It was touching and just nice, trying to show them how much we really do love them. They are so great, I can harldy believe that in two weeks we will have another mission president. SOOOO weird.


  I finished reading and marking The Book of Mormon this week. a challenge that Sister Swenson gave to us FOREVER ago (when I was still in Pelotas) It was a very rewarding experience and helped me to gain a greater love for the written word of The Lord, and I learned that I don´t know as much as I thought I did. ( a common missionary experience) I really know that Book was inspired of God,  was preserved for our time, and that through learning and applying it´s teachings  we will come closer to our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ and will find more peace and direction in this life. It really does answer the questions of our souls.
 We worked really hard this week, it wasn´t perfect, but we really put in a lot of effort, tried to meet our goals and help as many people and invite as many people as we could. I really felt good, just that great feeling inside that confirms that what I am doing is right, that feeling made me thirst after it more, I just really wanted to be good, to do the right thing, and I felt content.
 
We found a couple to teach. Tiago and Daiana. They are quiet, but listen and are really learning what we teach them and we taught them about how families can be together forever if we make certain covenants with God through His authority, we can be sealed together forever. Their marraige and family and be perpetuated even after this life. They became much more interested and are progressing well, but then left this weekend and so they weren´t at church with us.

We also ate lunch with Christiane this week, she is so happy after having been baptized, it is great to see how The Gospel makes such a difference in peoples lives. Her husband, Paulo is a member of the church too, but never goes, it has been a long time, but is starting to open up a little more too and listens to the lessons and talks with us. I hope we can get them both going to church together.


Oh, I braved it and let Elder Amaral cut my hair today too, I didn´t want to cut it super short with my clipper and didn´t want to go pay so I just handed him the siccors and comb and he went to work, it actually didn´t turn out bad, I was pleased and he was just tickled with himself.


That´s all for now. Just a thought I have been having. The Gospel is all about truth, light, honesty. Anything that we feel like we would be ashamed of or have to hide, probably not something worth our time, but we should be true and honest. It is kind of hard to put this thought down in an email. But let all of our works be clear and full of truth, we will feel better and more comfortable with ourselves.


Hope that makes sense. I love you all.
Sinceramente
Élder David F. Morgan

No comments: