Monday, May 14, 2012

Yup, we just talked yesterday

Oi!
Pretty sure it is about four or five in the morning there right now, but we are sending a quick email a little early today, and since we just talked, this email is mostly about transfers, and for the benefit of those who didn´t participate in yesterday´s video chat. Which I enjoyed greatly! Very fun to see everybody, I guess I am a little more shell shocked than I thought though, because it was honestly a little overwhelming, and I felt mildly awdward at the begining, didn´t even know what to say. Isn´t that weird how that can happen? The other day Bishop Eduardo asked for our address back home, typed it into google maps and showed me where we live, it kind of freaked me out, it seemed like a whole different world. I loved seeing you all though, especially Laila and Gracie! I can´t wait to get to know them! Plus, I was just tickled that Samm is playing the piano. Anyways, again, HAPPY Mothers Day! I hope the Swedish Pancakes were excellent. Love you all.
  So! Transfers! I am going to be staying in our area. Half of our zone got transferred (how many r´s are there, just two, or one?) Including Elder Cardoso, I will be bummed to see him go. I wanted him to talk with you guys some more, but he was a little embarassed haha, so he just smiled like a goob for a little bit instead. But I really wanted you to at least see and get to know our Bishop and his family, they are REALLY awesome! But there was three languages going on at one time too, that was funny. ( BTW, Spanish is STILL just weird portuguese :p)
Anyways, transfers again. I don´t know who my companion is yet, but we are getting a new companionship of sister missionaries here (hallelujah... I hope) But I am a little sad that Elder Cardoso is leaving, he taught me a lot and we worked hard together, the time just passed way super fast. Love him to death though, gonna miss him, he is just upset because he is going to continue as a Zone Leader ha and I am just glad he didn´t get called as the new assistent to the President. But I will update you all on transfers this next week.
   Since I talked about our investigators a bit with you yesterday too, I don´t really have any updates for ya. Just wait until next week I guess.
Just thinking about moms yesterday. Dunno how they do it, hardest job EEEVVVEERRR. I was discussing this with a member the other day, about how much gratitude you gain for your parents as a missionary and that he will realize what a rotten son he is just like I did, but not to worry about it, because his parents, like mine are probably just glad I turned out alright, am serving a mission, didn´t do anything TOO stupid and am everyday becoming more and more converted to The Gospel of Jesus Christ, and coming to know my Savior. But, back to motherhood, in the portuguese guide to studying the scriptures under the definition of motherhood it says something more or less like this: Mother: the sacred title given to those who auxiliate Heavenly Father in carrying out his Plan of Salvation for His children, by providing physical bodies to His spirit children.
It seems like a pretty dry description, but I liked that they call it, a Sacred Title, I know and testify that Motherhood really is of the most sacred callings that Heavenly Father has for his children, and without a doubt there is no other love that come closer to the love of Heavenly Father and the Savior for us, than that of a mother.
 I won´t go into details cause I talked to you yesterday, and this a public email but thanks again Mama Bear. Te Amo Muito!
 That´s it for today, until next week with its´ updates, challenges and miracles.

Com tudo de meu amor!
Seu Filho, Irmão, e Amigo
Elder David Fredrick Morgan

No comments: