Thursday, May 24, 2012

Transfers

Óla!
So, I wasn´t transfered, no suprise there hehe. I think I will probably pass all of my time as a zone leader here in Agronomia, but we´ll see.
The bigger news is who my companion is. I would say you´ll never guess, but you all probably don´t remember him just by name. Elder Amaral!
When I first came into the mission field, and I was in Simões Lopes w/ E. Gramosa; Elder Amaral also lived in the same house with his companion, plus we are from the same MTC group, so I have known him for quite awhile. He is a really great and fun Elder, always excited, and always working hard, it helps that we are already good buddies too. I was shocked, but I had already told him he would be a zone leader on this transfer, I just didn´t think I would be training him. ´training´ right? He came pre-trained. It is really good because I am showin him the ropes as a zl, but I have never been a district leader or even senior companion, so he gives me good advice about what is important to the DL´s and how we came help them out. He trained a new missionary on his last transfer and they were pretty close, I think he was pretty sad to leave him behind, but it helped that we are going to be companions.
Our district meeting on Thursday was awesome. We taught everybody the ´Missionary Haka´ to get them a little more excited and I am really looking forward to this next transfer, we have a great group of missionaries to be working with.


I can´t believe this is President and Sister Swenson´s last transfer here, it will be really hard to have a new president, I wish you could all get to know Pres. and Sis. Swenson, they are incredible.


We helped an elderly lady in the ward paint her windows today, she gave us lunch, that was really nice of her, plus gave us the leftovers to eat dinner, so we will be eating pretty good tonight.


We managed to get a family in the ward to pass by on Sundays and pick up Eduardo to go to church, he told us he really wants to be baptized, we asked him if he understood what it means to be baptized and what kind of promises he will be making with Heavenly Father, he understood, and now that we are sure he will be able to go to church each Sunday, he will be baptized this weekend or the next. I am super excited for him, he is a pretty special kid.


Christiane is progressing incredibly well, we love her lots that´s all I´ve got to say, she was going to be baptized this weekend, but she has lots of family members that are members of the church that she wants to participate, which will be really good for her, and so she is going to be baptized on the first of June.


Please keep, Conceição in your prayers, she is really trying to find a way to get out of working on Sunday so she can go to church, she really wants to and we are praying with her, but please keep her in your prayers too so that something can open up for her.


Well, we are going to finish cleaning our house... it´s in neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed. but not too bad.
 Tudo de meu amor pra voces.
Seu Filho, Irmão, e amigo
Elder David F. Morgan

No comments: