Monday, February 27, 2012

Transferred

Óla!
So, I got transferred. It really bites. Everybody was saying goodbye to Elder Almeida,  (it was nice to know ya etc.) and then I ended up being transferred.
This was a pretty strange last week her in Camaquã. We found some really great people and taught some good lessons. We went to São Lorençco do Sul on Thursday for a district meeting and then we were going to go on splits plus Elder Almeida needed to do a baptismal interview there. During out district meeting Elder Dos Reis (pronounced Dose Hays) started to complain about a lot of pain he was having, it got so bad that we gave him a blessing and then took him to the hospital. To make the story a little juicier I will include that he threw up a few times in the three minute walk to the hospital and we had no idea what was going on. Finally we decided that Elder Capistrano and I would go back to Camaquã and we would go work and then come back for the baptism and to end the companion exchange in the morning. We had a good day of work and I enjoyed working with Elder Capistrano, we taught a great lesson about The Plan of Salvation. Then i got a little worried when i went to call Elder Almeida and our phone was having problems. But we went back in the morning anyways. To make a long story short. Turns out Elder Dos Reis has kidney stones! OUCH! Too much soda pop, not enough WATER! Poor guy. Glad I drink a bunch of water (thanks for instilling that in me mom)
  Before i get to my sentiments about being transferred, we got a letter from Presidnet Swenson today. He met our ´soon to be´ new Mission President. President and Sister Castro from Paraná (a starte here in the south of Brasil) will be our new Mission President couple in July. I still have another four months with President and Sister Swenson but I will be SOOO sad to see them go. My mission  will be split just about down the middle with the New President. I know it will be great but it will be hard. President and Sister Swenson are just such incredible and special people. Oh, President and Sister Castro will also be bringing 3 of their kids with them so they must be fairly young to still have a few with them at home that will join us here. Cool.
  So I am going to try to keep this short but really I want to get out there and spend my last P-day here with the members here. Last night I prayed and told The Lord how much I love the people here and that I really wanted to stay if it was His will, but that I trusted Him; still I was really bummed... more than bummed, I was downright sad when I got the call today. After my first transfer here, honestly I could have been transferred and it would have been just fine by me  I struggled pretty hard when I got here. But in this last transfer I have just grown so much and learned so much how well The Lord knows us and puts us exactly where we need to be. I have really developed that charity and love for the people here and the Branch and I just want to do all I can to help them and it just breaks my heart that I won´t be able to watch over them and serve them and share The Gospel here anymore. I think of all the progress we have made here until now and I am so happy, but I also know we are just at the begining and there is so much more to do. Letiçia still needs home teachers, and we are just starting to get the members to teach people with us, and we just found some great people to start working with, and Paulo is just starting to pray everyday. So how can I leave them when there is so much left to do? It is hard. I know Elder Almeida will continue to be great here though (please continue to write to him ) and he will be training here. He has really helped me to learn a lot, I will miss him ha even though somtimes I tell him I could punch him in the head. Anyways, this all seems very random but basically I love Camaquã and I will be sad to leave a place that I have grown so much in.
  I will be transferred to somewhere in Porto Alegre (dangit, I was hoping to pass the year mark without every going there ha) I will let you know about my new area and companion next week.
Com Grande Amor!
´Seu Filho, Irmão, e Amigo
Élder David F. Morgan

No comments: