Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Too much craziness to give the email a title

Oi!
So, I just looked through those little face icons on the computer to see if there is one that looks absolutely overwhelmed, doomed, and very humbled.. or screaming in terror... doesn´t exist.  this is as close as I could get.
  So! I feel like so much has happened I don´t know where to start and I feel like it´s been so long that you should all already know about it... but it´s only been a week. So to sum it all up. I got transferred, I am in Porto Alegre opening an area.... oh ya, and I got called as a Zone Leader. (WHAT?!)
  I will just start with the story. So transfers. We went up to Porto Alegre to the Mission Office where Elder Almeida was going to be meeting his companion that he will be training. When we showed up there I saw my companion from the CTM Elder Jensen who is the Financial Secretary. Happy to see him I gave him a hug and he told me, ´Hey Congratulations!´ I asked him ´for what?` he was kind of running out the door and so he just gave me a weird look, muttered something and left. I thought it was kind of weird. But when I actually walked into the office I was greeted by more ´Congratulation!´ once again, I asked ´for what?´ (p.s. usually President will call you and let you know if you have been called as a Zone Leader) everybody thought I was just faking not knowing, so they wouldn´t tell me. Finally I figured out that I had been called as a Zone Leader. Surprise! I felt a little light headed.
  I am in a new area called Agronomia Mapa, opening a part of the area. A new stake was just made in Porto Alegre, and therefore the mission created a new zone. Partenon Viamão. My companion is Elder Cardoso from São Paulo. I have known him since I was a greenie in the mission, we were in the same zone in Pelotas. He is a really good guy, a little crazy, but in a really good, making jokes, hardworking way, so it´s good. He has about five months left on his mission and has a sweet accent that I am trying to mimic because so far I like it the best. But in spite of feeling overwhelmed I am comforted because he is a good missionary and will and already is helping me out a lot.
  When I talked about The Lord stretching us and putting us in situations to help us grow, I didn´t really have this in mind, I feel like a got put on the rack a little bit. I haven´t even been a senior companion yet. Luckily I have always been put with District Leaders so I have a little bit of experience there; and I am really just trying to trust The Lord and realize He is in control. I think I just feel really inexperienced.
  I really do like our area. It is out and away from everything which is really nice. We are in downtown Porto Alegre, and it is really busy. I prefer to be up and away from all the hustle and bustle.  Simões Lopes and Camaquã were two really quiet and calm places generally speaking and when I got of the Bus in Porto Alegre I felt a little shell shocked. Buses, highways, people shouting and selling things on the street, I had a bit of a ´deer in the headlights´feeling.
 We are working really hard and talking to a lot of people because we are opening the area we are at a total of about 6-8 investigators right now. We are teaching an older lady named Yara who came to church on Sunday and felt The Spirit really strong and felt very peaceful and renewed, I hope and pray we will see some progress there. We are also teaching some families too, they were progressing but then turns out they started having relationship problems, I hope they will put there faith in Christ and realized that He can help them work through it. It would be real tragedy to see any family broken up, I really want to help them out.
  We had a Zone Leaders Council on Wednesday. It was really kind of neat to be in such a close setting with President Swenson. ALSO E. Palandi, E. Hansen, E. Falcão, and I are all ZL´s together, so our district from Simões Lopes is all back together, it was really fun to see them and we all got to catch up a little bit.
  To sum it up, I am spending a lot of time on my knees and have lot´s to think about unlike when I showed up in Camaquã. The ward is nice, it was a little weird to be in a large group of people again at Sunday, but nice..ish haha. I played the piano. The Bishop's son here will be leaving to Belo Horizante this Thursday and it was interesting to see them saying goodbye and it brought back some memories. Especially of those SUPER good burritos that Jenn made, that I was way too nervous/ busy to eat haha.
  I am going to wrap this up. So basically Jenn´s baby could be coming any day now. So Congrats if he/she happens to be born before my next email home. :)
Lot´s of love to all. Please pray for miracles to happen here.
Com Grande Amor
Seu Filho, Irmão, e Amigão
Élder David F. Morgan

No comments: