Monday, February 13, 2012

Great Week. They CAME!!!

Óla! So pretty much we had a way great week! The work here in Camaquã is really getting better and starting to progress, though there is still much more work to be done I am excited about the progress that is being made. Also, advice for future missionaries: There is a direct relationship between how completely exhausted you are and how happy you are. Be sure to give enough of yourself to be completely tired all moments of everyday therefore guaranteeing for yourself the maximum amount of happiness possible. (Also, this happiness at times only comes after a few weeks of SUPER hard work, but is very worth it)
In other words, I am super tired, but happy. The nice thing about Camaquã and being out away from everything, that for any kind of conference, reunion, training, we must travel by bus, it provides for good nap time.
  So to answer why the subject of the email is THEY CAME: There is a less active family here that has been in my mind from the first week we have been here. Valmir and Jossara. We eat lunch with them every week and I even used there computer on Christmas to talk to you all. They have been active members of the church for 20 years and have served at teachers, advisers, and presidents and who knows what else. They are great. It bums me out that the last few years that have stopped coming to church. I have been praying about them a lot and I haven´t been able to shake them from my mind since we have gotten here. This last Thursday at lunch with them (after they travelled for about a month) they showed us pictures of their travels and then pictures from when he was the Branch President here. It just got me thinking so much, the branch seemed to have so much life when they were there. When we were giving a message the next thing I new I was talking very openly about them coming back to church and what steps would be needed to make this happen and that we really needed them there and they needed it even more. We invited them to go to Stake Conference and he said they were already going to be in Pelotas and they we would see them there. I prayed A LOT Saturday night. At conference, I looked around and didn´t see them, and we got there before anybody. Suddenly halfway through the conference he sent us a message talking about the speakers and that he was the young men´s president of the man who just spoke, he then thanked us for having invited them. When we stood to sing the intermediate hymn I saw them near the back of the hall. My heart soared! I was so happy they came. Now I just hope we can get them to church this next Sunday at regular meetings!
  Wow, so basically there is lots of things to write this week that I feel I won´t have time.
So at our training last Friday a sister missionaries called over to me and told me she had to talk to me. (oh great right?, ha just kidding) When she was looking through the mail she saw some of my letters and noticed I was from Medford. Turns out she just got her visa and had been serving in the Medford 8th Ward!!! What?!?! She asked me if I knew the McClures and showed me a picture of her with them! Ha I let her know that I know the McClures super well (mostly from many nights sleeping on their couch) and that Jared is one of my best buddies! She also mentioned a bunch of other families (Bennions, Hokansons, Zimmer) and said that Bro Russell is the best ward mission leader of ALL TIME! So that was kind of a neat coincidence.
  We  met a really great family this week and started teaching them. When we finished and invited them to read and pray about The Book of Mormon the mother told us that she would but then she said ´but I already believe in everything you´ve just taught us, I can feel it here ( pointing to the heart)´ I was so stunned I didn´t even know what to say. We knelt in prayer with them and they all offered great prayers and we marked a baptismal date with them. Sadly our next appointment fell through but we hope to get back there soon!
So ´Operação Salvação´is going super great too and there is a lot of fire in the mission right now and we are working really hard. The week wasn´t perfect we had days where everything seemed to go wrong, but I know we were doing our best to do our part and serve The Lord.
Well I will wrap it up. Lots of love, I pray for you. I know The Lord is mindful of his children and blesses them. Just thought of another really cool experience but you will have to wait until I get home to hear it.
Also, The Book of Mormon really is true, I know it, without a doubt. It is a blessing in my life.
Com Grande Amor
Élder David F Morgan

No comments: