Tuesday, February 21, 2012

10 months, oh my goodness.

Oi!
So today I have reached 10 months since I reported to the CTM in São Paulo. That kind of freaks me out. Weird that a whole year ago I was taking phone orders for flowers saving up money and getting ready and trying to spend as much time with people as I could. It doesn´t seem like a whole year has passed. Mission Time-Warp.
  Hey! So Shaun is going to BYU! I bet Keith is pleased with that, ha one of his brothers ended up being converted. Congrats to ya Shaun. Also something that freaks me out. Little brother going to college.
  So we had a little bit of a rough week, but not TOO rough. I think I was just a little burnt out. Part of our focus this week in ´Operação Salvação´ is to have members present in our lessons. We made lots of plans with the members and work really hard to make it all happen and we honestly got left hanging.It was a bummer and if I said I didn´t get slightly frustrated I would be lying, but it didn´t last long and I remember all of my own weakness´ and we are all trying, plus things just happen. Our goal was 10 with a member and we made more than enough plans for that to happen. Ha, we ended up with 4. Plus we invited a lot of people to a church activity on saturday and so many people committed to go and then nobody showed up. Members showed up late and the activity was a bit of a bust, but we ate sandwiches that were really good and we had a nice chat with President Florismar. But overall I really feel good because before we didn´t really make much effort to get the members involved and that is really getting turned around and improving these last couple of weeks and I want to keep it going. Camaquã is still progressing very well and I know we will be having great success here in a little bit.
  I braved a ham and cheese sandwhich this morning which I haven´t done since I got ruined by them in the CTM. It was good. Don´t have really any funny/random/ or nitty-gritty experiences this week.
Basically, I don´t remember if I have already said this. But something that has astounded me as a missionary is how The Lord knows me so well that he put me in a place and with people that help me learn SO many lessons and be stretched and grown in ways that I didn´t know possible. It hurt at first and I struggled a lot when I got to Camaquã but now I look back and look at how much I have learned here and how much I love this place and the people. I have really grown to love the branch here and the people and hope that I get to stay here (especially with transfers coming up in a week) But as always, The Lord´s will be done and I know he will put me right where I need to be when I need to be there.
 Last thought, I remember a very important quote today when I was reflecting upon my mission/ life ha, and it is by Elder Richard G. Scott, I am positive I have already shared it because Jenn sent it to me.
 ´We become what we want to be, by consistently being what we want to become every day´
Envision who you want to become and set goals and stick with it to become that person, your life's greatest work will be you.
Come Grande Amor
Seu Filho, Irmão, e amigÃO
Elder F. Morgan

No comments: