Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012

Oi!
Naturally I will be commenting on the new year of 2012 in this email. It seems that the last few years have been those years that I have been waiting for my whole life and it really weirds me out that I am actually living them now. College, receiving my mission call, actually leaving on a mission, 11.11.11, I am also mildly amused by the possibilites of what could happen in December of this year haha, especially in Brasil. Because of the severe lack of education here (not that there aren´t opportunities, but many people stop studying and just start working in their teen years) most of the population´s knowledge comes from The Discovery channel and the news. So the reactions to the impending day will be interesting. Moving on.
It feels like weeks ago that we skyped on Christmas, again, mission time-warp really throws me off. I am not quite ready to leave The Christmas Spirit, and then the New Year has to come in and mess with that. This was a fairly good week, but it was also pretty hard, but this is a mission.
New Year´s Eve was fun, we passed it with the ex- branch president, and his family. Basically talking, eating REALLY good food, I am always bummed that i didn´t eat more the next day. I really feel like I am rambling. Basically I am super tired (more that usual) and trying to remember what happened this week. I am always a fan of fire-works, I was suprised at how many there were here, it seems like the whole sky was lit up in any direction. I wished we could have gotten on our roof to watch, we would have had a perfect view.
Also, I decided I am going to be a lock-smith someday. We don´t have the key to enter the stairway to our apartment, so we just have to keep the door slightly open, we (I) accidently closed it this week, and we kindly paid the locksmith a `to remain a mysteriously handsom price´ for 2-3 minutes of basically using a hairpin to open a door. Seems like a good pay to work ratio to me.
Also, I laughed inside all week, because on Christmas, and New Years Eve, everybody went to the beach, and on both days there was a freak temperature drop and it rained all day long. Also it rained for the last two days straight, but we don´t have water in town today... I am trying to figure out how that works out.
I am pretty excited for this week to come. We found a few really good people this week with a lot of potential and who were excited to learn more so, I am looking forward to getting back to visit them now that the holidays have ended. One of the biggest challnges so far here in Camaquã is that we teach a great lesson and then never manage to meet with people again, we are hoping and praying, and working, to change that cycle this week and make some good progress.
I guess I need to make some New Year´s goals, I was thinking about that a lot this week, how even if we are ahead of the crowd, if we become lazy or content even with our current rate of development we will fall behind again. I think that happend to me a little bit, and I am going to make some good goals and plans to accomplish them this week. I encourage everyone to do the same if you haven´t already,
Just a reminder to remain in the Christmas and Holiday spirit a little longer this year, be kind, be forgiving, be patient, be generous. I love you, take care.
Com Grande Amor
Seu Filho, Irmão, e Amigo
Elder David F. Morgan

No comments: