Wednesday, December 28, 2011

just a quicky

Oi!
So I know we just talked yesterday, well most of us. But I just wanted to send out a quicky today.
I think this is one of the strangest Christmas´  to have ever passed. At least for me. But one thing amazing about being a missionary during this very special time of the year. Is that I really (I mean REALLY REALLY) had time and the state of mind to focus on what is often called ´The True Spirit of Christmas´
The angel who spoke with the sheperds was completely right when he called his news ´Tidings of great joy!` Though I have always felt a reverence during the Christmas season and the joy that comes from being gathered together as a family during the holiday season, I don´t know if I ever took the time to think about the great joy that accompanied the birth of The Savior. To be honest, I don´t really know where I am going with all of this, but not only have I felt a great reverence, and gratitude for the birth, life and sacrafice for The Savior Jesus Christ this year. I feel a profound, peaceful joy that has filled my heart with love for Him, and a desire to share this feeling with others. The thought that I now get to bring those tidings of great joy to others is such a privilege.
I hope you all had a great Christmas, let your thoughts and feelings linger a little longer on The Savior and His birth this year.
It was a great week we had. Very tiring to be truthful. But great. I won´t crowd this email with too much.
All of my love. Feliz Natal
Elder David F. Morgan

No comments: