Monday, January 16, 2012

What A Week

Oi!
Hey everybody!
´Funny story´ today we called the same locksmith for the third time (not my fault this time) for reasons that will remain a mystery until we meet again. Pretty much we are single handedly supporting that mans´ family.
So what happened this week. We made what now seems to be becoming our weekly trip to Pelotas ha. Elder. Godoy of the first quorum of the Seventy (who is actually from Porto Alegre) came to visit our mission. It was REALLY neat. What always seems to amaze me about General Authorities of the church is how they seem to be so light spirited yet simultaneously reverent. Elder Godoy was definitely like that. He talked about our purpose as missionaries and also talked about WHY we are sent to our specific mission, but he said that REALLY we get sent to a Mission President and his wife. That there are lessons that we need to learn from them that The Lord sends us to them to specifically. I found it interesting, I had never really looked at it like that. P.S. the woman/youngish lady next to me keeps glancing over at me awkwardly. Coming back, overall. A VERY spiritually enriching experience, it put some more gas in the tank and I felt uplifted. Gosh, seriously, she looks over her every thirty seconds, it´s freaking me out.
We discussed that we are here for three reasons, Salvation of others, to build up the church, and to save ourselves. I tried to take good notes but I was just REALLY intent on listening that I forgot, not too unlike me.
 Oh, I didn´t get transferred, ha I guess nobody got their visa, from what I understand, two Argentinian elders will be joining our mission though.
Saturday it rained, ALL day, got soaked, changed after lunch. Got soaked again, ha. umbrellas do nothing.
We are having some difficulties actually getting people to COME TO CHURCH. 
It is nice knowing I will have a whole transfer here again, we will be trying some new ideas and refining what we already have to be even better. I am happy to be here. I am trying to really pour out my heart at night to The Lord and focus on others, but I feel so tired that I don´t seem to manage to think about anything, my mind seems to drift so easily during prayer and I hope He knows what I am feeling in my heart than the words that come, because sometimes I am sure they don´t make sense. Basically, life as a missionary is good, Camaquã is presenting new challenges, and armed with The Spirit, there isn´t anything we can´t do.

com grande amor
Seu Filho, Irmão, e amigo
Elder David F. Morgan

No comments: