Monday, December 12, 2011

Camaqua

Well, I guess when the Zone Leaders told me I was staying in Pelotas they just meant within the general area...ish. So my new area/ city is called Camaquã, it is about two hours north of Pelots and is part of the Pelotas North stake. My new companion is Elder Almeida, from Vitória, Espirito Santo (Isn´t that where Jordan and Keenan are headed?) He a very good missionary and I am glad to be working with him. Ha he speaks a little different so I am adjusting to his accent, it is kind of fun meeting missionaries from all over. There is just the two of us here in Camaquã and the city is not small; I would be lying if I said I didn´t feel a bit overwhelmed. I have been thinking and praying a lot about why The Lord sent me here, and how can I help.
 I felt a bit like a green missionary this last week, luckily i can actually speak now. I feel completely lost in the city that we have completely to ourselves and is very different from being in just a specific part of town. I hope I can adjust quickly to working in a city. There is a branch here too, it has been a branch in the church for a dozen years now and like is Simões Lopes they have been thinking a little bit bigger and want to start working towards becoming a ward and having a proper chapel. Right now we are just meeting in a building downtown. I think the things I learned in Simões Lopes should be a big help in that regard, but that includes teaching the members how to help themselves, the fire has to come from within them and be something that they REALLY want.
   So we live right in the middle of downtown in an apartment that looks right over a really beautiful park that is all lit up because of Christmas, but there is also a LOT of bustle, I got accustomed to being in the quiet part of town in Simões so I am still adjusting. Basically a lot of adjusting going on here, I hope I can handle it well.
   I am already getting put to use on the organ (keyboard) on Sundays and I feel fairly confident that will now be a weekly assignment. I´m not complaining.
It is just now starting to feel like Christmas because of the music that plays in the park across the street, however Christmas isn´t Christmas until Kathy Mataea (how do you spell her name?!) is playing, so I started singing what I remember to help myself ease into the Christmas season. Also, it is REALLY starting to warm up, it feels a little weird to be roasting in December but it is also very nice out. We are working very hard to give our best gift to The Savior this year by bringing souls unto Him.
  I hope all is well. Enjoy the gift of the Holiday Season.
Com Grande Amor
Seu Filho, Irmão, e Amigo
Elder David F. Morgan

No comments: