Monday, November 28, 2011

Batismo da familia Rochedo

So to clarify once again. I DID have a worm, no I Don´t know what kind it was. I don´t know where it got started that it was a tape worm ( without any evidence I blame Shaun) but I´m fine now :) They took care of me just fine.
   So there really is only one thing to talk about this week. Well, maybe more. But of The most importance. The ENTIRE Rochedo family (except for the 3 year old, cause she is too young) was baptized and confirmed this last weekend!!! :) The baptismal service was WAY good, super strong spirit. One of the main focus´ they have is trying to establish a home and a family where love abides so Elder Wilcock (zone leader) and I sang love is spoken here. Bishop Marcos gave a good welcome and there was a lot of members there to greet them and help them feel welcome. Our biggest goal now is to integrate them with the ward, because someday us missionaries are going to leave (that day is coming next week for me probably) and they need to have a solid foundation with the members here and not just us. But they are very determined and good hearted people, I have a lot of hope and the members are really coming together to help them feel welcome.
As we walked back home with them, Catia started to show me places on the street where she used to ´live´and talked about her childhood. It really touched me and I saw the depth of character she, and the whole family possess. I just know that The Gospel, applied in their lives will bring all the things they are looking for and they will be a blessing to so many others as well.
  I could spend all day talking about them, but I am already almost running late. We have transfers again next week, pretty much I know for sure that I will not be in Simões Lopes after next week. It will be very strange to leave here.
At the begining of this transfer I expressed gratitude to The Lord and President Swenson that I was able to stay a little longer. President Swenson told me I had unfinished work here still. I laughed and asked him if he could tell me what it was, all he said was (go figure) ´The Lord will show it to you´  Well, I feel like I found what that work was. I felt like I was going to leave this area and I couldn´t look back and feel like I had made much of a difference, that there was something missing. I think The Rochedo family is at least part of the reason why The Lord saw fit to let me stay here just a little longer. It is a good thing His wisdom is a lot greater than mine. I feel ´at peace´ now. that sounds a little lame, but I do, I feel calm and I finally feel like I could leave Simões Lopes and look ahead with hope and faith.
  So, my time is super short. My spiritual thought for the week is. The glass really is, half full.
I love you, take care. Happy Holiday season. I am getting roasted in December. Love you
Seu Filho, Irmão, e amigo
Elder. David F. Morgan

No comments: