Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I would say sorry, but I'm not

Óla familia e meus queridos amigos!
So, to clear things up. I basically had a constant stomach ache for about a week, and uh.. some unpleasant bathroom experiences. And after that I started trying different things to help myself out. Different types of tea etc. Plus people started telling me I used to be prettier and that it looked like I had thinned a little bit. So I decided to finally call our mission presidents wife and ask about it. She told me I had a worm. ( I named him Scott by the way) and ya, she told me what kind of medicine to buy. I don´t really know what type it was but he was a fighter, I took the medicine to kill him and he hung on for a few days, poor guy. But I´m better now, took another medicine for another type of critter a few days ago too, just to make sure. Feeling fine now, just trying to fatten up at this point :) I would say I´m sorry for sneaking that in there like I did in my last email, but I´m not.
   This week has had a whole lot of. This is so amazing I can´t believe how blessed we are!/ I am so dead tired I can´t hardly pick my feet up. We have a half hour to exercise every morning, I just did a lot of stretching this week, didn´t really have the energy to do anything else. I am getting more pumped up though, trying to get E. Palandi in on that too. We have a GREAT weekend planned!
  About a week ago we went to the chapel in Fragata (not our chapel, but its closer... so I don´t know why we don't have church there, but I´m not in charge) with the family of Igor and Katia. We taught them about The Plan of Salvation and how families can be sealed together eternally, after this life too if we live worthy, we then invited them to be baptized and they all accepted! Igor, Katia, their three kids, Ellen, Eric, and Tiago, plus Katia´s mother Loreci will all be baptized this Saturday! I wish you could all know this family personally, they are so special and have such great faith and trust in The Lord, it makes me re-evaluate my life and what I need to be better. Ha, Igor has never put on a tie in his life, and he went out and bought a white shirt and tie because he wanted to be dressed up for church, what a guy. I want to tell all the stories but there just isn´t enough time. Ask me about it someday, or I can show you my journal entries. Basically they were both kids of the street, and where everybody else ended up in drugs, they grew stronger and more humble and want to end the cycle of abuse and lack of love in their families. Really, I wish you could all meet them.
  Everything else I could say just seems really trivial. We have only known them for about three weeks now and we are already so close, they are very special people. 
  We had training w/ President Swenson this week, it was good, great man.
Elder Falcão is better now too, back to his very happy self. So our work is getting back in a good rhythm again.
Elder Palandi and I are still working hard, we are seeing a lot of miracles at work in our area, we will be having transfers again in two weeks (where does the time go) and since me odds of staying are about 1,000,000,000,000,000 to 1 It will be a real bummer to have to leave Simões Lopes. I am excited for what The Lord has in store for me though elsewhere. Well, that´s all for now.
Oh just one more thing, nobody is obligated, but since several people expressed a desire to send me packages for Christmas, If that is your desire, I suggest sending it like.... now. The mail service here is not the greatest (nor the worst, can´t complain) so it would be good to get that all set if that´s something you are interested, again. No Obligations, I am perfectly content.
Okay, rolling out, work to be done.
Love you all, spiritual thought for the week is ´just keep swimming´ it will all work out okay. Sometimes I have a hard time believing that, and work hard, but have fun doing it.
Much love,
Seu Filho, Irmão, e amigo
Elder David F Morgan

No comments: