Tuesday, August 30, 2011

:)

óla familia e amigos.
  You know what? Life is hard sometimes, but it is just so great at the same time. From reading emails this week I am really just full of joy! I have to start of by saying congratulations to Sally and Josh! Laila looks real cute (thanks for the pic mom) I am so happy and excited for you. It sounds like Mother and baby are healthy and well. So exciting to be welcoming a new baby into the family. How did you guys choose the name? Anyways, I am so happy for you, ha I will probably print of the picture and show it to some of our investigators who knew I had a sister who was pregnant ha.
   To top that off, to hear about Andrew being ordained to the priesthood (or to be ordained soon, sounds like we are waiting for mom or Dad to get back into town) I just couldn't keep the biggest grin on my face... it is still there in fact. I really don´t have the words to express what I want to right now. Pure joy.
   Well as usual, I can really only remember what we have done in about the past three days and the rest of the week has just blended together with everything else, time here in the mission is really just weird. Especially in Brasil. Everybody leaves in the middle of the day for lunch, takes a nap afterwards and the world doesn´t wake back up until at least three, and then everybody is back sleeping by eight thirty or nine. The most active parts of the day are very different than in the states.
   I can´t believe I have been here for four months already, two of those here in Pelots. Transfers are going to be in two weeks. It is weird knowing I will be getting a new companion. I will really miss E. Gramosa. I can't imagine what it would be like knowing you only have two weeks left as a missionary after serving for two years. Ha a guy in our ward here just got home from his mission recently last week he told us. Fique na missão cara, fique na missão. ´Just stay on the mission man, just stay on the mission´. Ha I guess it is a really weird transfer to normal life again afterwards.
    I also really hope I stay here in Simões Lopes. I trust The Lord and where he wants me but I just look at what could still happen here and I just want to be part of it. The chapel here is really far from the members homes and we have a goal to get a chapel here in Simões so it will be easier for the members to get to church but we need to be having a lot more people attending church for that to happen. (kind of a catch 22 or something, a chapel would help having more people at church but we need to more people at church to get the chapel too.) But we are all trying to REALLY exercise our faith and have a vision for how we can increase attendance at church each week so the members here can have the blessing of a chapel closer to their homes, I would really love to stay and be a part of that; we have a long way to go but I feel like it can be done with faith and a lot of hard work. I know it can be done.
   We started teaching William´s family yesterday. He was recently baptized and we have a really good relationship with his dad too and we just started talking with his mom and they accepted the invitation to hear our message. They are really great people with great hearts and looking for answers and I am so excited that the Lord has opened the door for us to be able to share The Gospel message with them as well. It is amazing how much you really can just come to love and care about people. Ezequiel told us that if the chapel was closer he would already have visited, he really has a lot of respect for us and is very interested. But his mom is really sick and he just can´t leave her for very long. Another reason why I REALLY want to help get a chapel closer to our area.
Can´t believe Grant will be heading out to mission field soon too. I am really excited for him. Ha teaching real people is way better than fake people in a recorded room haha. How cool is it to have to be teaching the same great message as your best buddy? I think about missionaries all over the world sometimes. I think it was Elder Anderson who said this. The Sun never sets on righteous missionaries testifying of Christ. Pretty profound.
   Well, now it is time to get rolling. I am trying to think of a Spiritual thought I can share and the only thing on my mind is what I have been thinking about and studying, and what we are really talking about as a mission right now. Consecration. The Lord doesn´t just want a part of us, He wants everything, every little bit. If we turn our lives over to The Lord, we will find out he can make a lot more out of us than we ever could for ourselves. Offer yourself, everything. Sometimes we are tempted to hold a little bit back, but then we just live in constant discontent with our own lives. Ha, so just give up. I don´t remember the reference but The Lord teaches that whoever wants to save his life will lose it and whoever loses his life will live. Just forget about yourself. Do what The Lord wants you to do and help others.
I love you all, take care.
Seu Filho, Irmão e amigo.


Elder David F. Morgan

No comments: