Friday, May 6, 2011

Week Two Down

Hey there family and friends! So once again I don't have anyway to actually make paragraphs so sorry if this is hard to read, the computers here are pretty ghetto ha. Thank you everyone for sending me letters and support, I really appreciate it. So First things first, in case anybody really wanted to know, the toilet does flush the opposite direction south of the equator! I made a list of all the things I wanted to write about this week but it is upstairs on the seventh floor and I have a very limited time to write. I will try to remember it all. Ha I i had my first funny experience with goofing up on the language, E. Williams and I were kind of messing around because another Elder had said Achegarem-se with the accents in the really wrong place so we were reciting our purpose in Portuguese but with accents kind of convoluted. We came to the word ´Restaurado´which means restored, but with how we were saying it our instructor Irmão Vilas Boas thought we had said ´Tarado´which in Portuguese means a Sex Maniac. Haha, it was a good laugh. A lot of the Braziliaros left this week, it was really sad, it is incredible how close you an become in just a couple of short weeks. There were a few in our hallway that were particularly hard to say goodbye too, we all got a little choked up I think. Wow i really wish I had paragraphs to help me change from idea to idea. So it seems like some people want to know what a daily schedule is like, It changes from day to day but it is about the same. I wake up at six thirty and shower brush etc. At seven is personal study for an hour where I study scriptures or other gospel material, I don't usually study language here because I have all day in class doing that. We have a half hour for breakfast at 8, so people prepare your for beans and rice daily, which is true, but nobody tells you that in the CTM you have a ham and cheese sandwich EVERY morning for breakfast. We have already stopped reckoning our time here in days, but by ham and cheese sandwiches. There is class with Irmão (brother) vilas boas until twelve forty five then lunch. More class but now with Irmão Riviero until around five. Dinner (more beans and rice) then some sort of group meeting, then companion study. Gym time and then heading to get ready for bed and write in your journal etc. The weeks just seems like one really long day, but I like it. I haven't completely adjusted to the sleep cycle and time yet, but I'm getting better. I will admit to having fallen asleep in class a couple of times. This is going to be short because I have a few other emails to send out. Happy Being Married Bri and Nic!! I'm so happy for you both, I thought about you a lot that day! I think I'm four hours ahead of you but I don't know what time you actually got married. I heard it was great though. Know that my spirit was with you or something corny like that. The pictures mom sent me were way fun. So we just ate Churrasco here when we went out and about on p day today. SOOOOOOO good. They just keep bringing out endless meat until you explode, and apparently it only gets better in Porto Alegre. So pumped for that. Okay  I really have got to go. I love you all very much. Please send me letters. Right now I'm being put to shame at the mailbox each day. ha I'm just playing, but seriously please write me. Much love to you all. Oh and yes you can all email me but I can only directly email back family. Plus I only have a half hour so I will probably just skim so I can write my letter. So hand write. Love, Your Filho, Irmão e amigo; Elder Morgan

So it sounds like anyone is able to email Elder Morgan if they want but he can only reply to family. His email address is david.morgan@myldsmail.net. But it sounds like he prefers hand written letters. As my husband has informed me it's way better to get mail when you are out on the mission so keep the snail mail going his way.

No comments: