Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Week Three

Oi Everyone! Glad to hear about everything going back home, well I'm sure not everything but lots. Hope Bri's open house goes super well. It seems like between Mothers Day and two birthdays in one weekend it has been jam packed. (BTW happy birthday to Mom and Shaun! I sent you a letter but I thought I should say something!)  So I today marks week three since I arrived here in Brazil, it has been a pretty rollercoaster of a week, but in a good way. We had a lot of fun and all of us in our district felt that we made a lot of progress with the language this week, both the instructors and us are really learning how we work with each other and what works best for all and we are starting to really progress in class and plan the week well. I have been pretty tired this week but have found that its not too hard to push through. I just focus on whatever it is I'm doing and just really throw myself into it. The days go by fast. Time flies when you are having fun. On sunday I was asked to do a special musical number in church and so I played an arrangement of Eu Sei Que Vive Meu Redentor (I know that my Redeemer Lives) The piano was super out of tune but I really enjoyed getting to play. I don't really get to too much here. We also had a member of the area presidency come and speak to us. We were able to have a question and answer with him and he told us about the missionaries who taught him in Porto Alegre years ago and his own mission in São Paulo, The Spirit was very strong and I felt very renewed. It seems like everyday there is something that builds me up and makes me want to be better and better every day. On a sadder but really a happier note, Elder Silva and Elder De Jesus left  to go to the area´s where they will be serving on Tuesday. We had a teary goodbye. It is amazing how close you can become with very little verbal communication over only three weeks. Elder De Jesus shared with us a scripture from the Book of Mormon about the pure love of Christ. It really touched my heart. Goodbyes can be hard. Also Elder Jensen, one of my companions is getting transfered to another district because we have two companionships of three so they are going to even it out. We will still see him all the time but his presence will be missed. So on a lighter note, I ate chicken hearts.... They were good. Really good. Ha, some of the Elders were dying just trying to put down one but I actually really liked them. I'm sure if they hadn't known what it was before hand they would have loved it. First crazyish food experience. Fun fact about Sao Paulo too, is there are more helicopter here per capita in the world, maybe they are just behind new york but it is either the first or second. We see about forty or fifty on a daily basis, really close up too, its awesome. If any of you feel inclined, go online and see if you can find pictures of the Sao Paulo Temple grounds. We go every wednesday and it is really gorgeous, especially in contrast to the rest of Sao Paulo. We can't take our cameras out of the CTM (cause they would probably get swiped) and I can't send pictures anyways, and there isnt any kind of printing place around to send my snail mail, sorry. But when I get to Porto Alegre I'm sure I will get some pictures out there for everyone. Thank you for writing me everyone, I heard about Jordan and Keenan going to Brazil! That is sooooo AWESOME! Seems like the northwest is just where its at right now! Well until next week, I love you all, take care and I will write next week. Sue Filho, Irmão e Amigo, Elder Morgan

No comments: