Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Passed The Hump Day

Well, last friday was my districts ´hump´day at the CTM, we are now on our way out of here. Which is a bitter sweet because you can't help but love this place but I am more excited to actually get to Porto Alegre! So now that I have that out of the way. Oi everyone tudo bem? I am completely convinced you could live in Brazil off of those two phrases and a thumbs up. Glad to hear about everything going on back home. It´s funny to think that you are all heading into summer and ´winter´ is just on the horizon here. Of course it´s still in the seventies and I love it. The mornings are actually suprisingly cool though. I dont have my list on me of things that I had planned to write home about, but I dont think too terribly much was actually added to the list this last week, I just cant believe a week has actually passed since I last wrote. The individual days here seem pretty long but the weeks just fly. We have been practicing street contacting the last few days, this friday we are actually going to go talk to people and try to place some copies of the Book of Mormon and just try to talk to people. It´s nice though that I have practice here talking to all the Brazileiros (by the way, the ei sound is killer to get) and when we walk around on P day. It is a nice healthy scoop of humble pie though, but every now and then we tend to suprise ourselves. I think a lot of it is just trusting in ourselves and especially The Lord that he really does provide a way. I think it´s in The Other Side of Heaven that the man says ´ somtimes God calms the storm´ and Elder Groberg replies ´and sometimes He just lets us swim´. I think God is content to let us just swim for awhile here, but I can definetely tell he is in a boat right next to me keeping a close eye on me. We get to go to the federal police this friday too, apparently that is about a six hour process, we have to register and get an identification card that proves that we actually live here and are allowed to be here. I will hopefully get a lot of study while waiting. I feel like there was a funny food story this week but I really just dont remember what it is. My mind is kind of frying right now. Bro. Minor sent me a letter and on it was a picture of my Brain exploding between learning the Gospel, Portuguese, learning the rules and everything. I must say the picture was quite accurate. Ha he also sent me a ´heart in Oregon´sticker, I laughed and was pretty grateful, I need to figure out where I want to put it. Right now my heart is locked up in Brazil though. I think I mentioned this last time, but I am getting pretty dang good at volleyball (or so I think) but what is more suprising is that I have actually gained weight for about the first time ever in my life! before I left I was pushing 160 on a heavier day, they have a way nice scale here and I get up to 168-9 sometimes. I gotta burn that off! Glad Shaun has his Eagle project under way and that is so cool to hear that Grant Russell got home! Glad to hear all went well with the open house, minus the rain which is fine. And Shaun I got your letter about the picnic in the Van, pure genius, Im glad you recognize that you learned from the best. I was proud. Life is good here in São Paulo and I am working hard. I am working on writing all you who wrote me back. Thanks a million again. Oh! dang I just remembered a really cool story about Sister Clark the CTM presidents wife I wanted to tell. She told us about fleeing from communism with her family and her story was so amazing. I felt impressed to write it all down, my notes are scibbly but very thorough. I will relate it next time. I have to go. I love you all very much. Love Seu Filho, Irmão, e amigo. Elder Morgan

No comments: