Saturday, March 23, 2013

Indiginado! Mas muito abencoado!

Óla! 
Well, we got news this last week that the rules for missionários were changed and that we can now recieve and send emails to friends, family, church leaders, etc. Ha, just about two years too late for me hahaha. No biggy. I now have and hour and half for email on p day. So this will be useful for... three weeks. Still not trunky. 

Wow, I think the thing that is most common in my emails is my memory crisis, I think I say this every week. I don´t remember anything that happened on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday off the top of my head. I just consulted my companion, and he helped me to remember what we did. Again, way too much time here in the office, it is cool, but kind of a drag when you want to be out there on the street. My last transfer was fine. But this transfer it seems like every week we have a Conference, or Zone Council, or transfers, or training, or something that we need to prepare for, and my limited computer skills doesn´t help me to do any of this quickly either. Not complaining, it is just sometimes hard to adjust, and I feel a little bummed, feeling like the end of my full time missionary service will be a little less proseliting and a lot more training and planning, which is also important. The worst part is that you lose the habit of certain things in the work. Even my sleep schedule is getting messed up, because sometimes we are getting up early to travel, other times we are getting home at midnight from that same trip. I think that changing my routine stresses me out a bit. Luckily Elder Barros is really patient with me and has a good spirit. 

I have officialy gone to all the zones in our mission now. On Thursday we went and travelled to Bagé, which is the western extreme of our mission. I had never served there before, but we went on exchanges with the zone leaders there. It is a beautiful place. We passed the time in the car trying to get ready for Conference next week, and also preparing for the final week of the next group of missionaries leaving. I used to get car sick when I was younger ( I am sure everyone remembers :p) but when I got older it passed. I think looking at papers etc, and planning during the trip gave me a weak stomache, I started to feel car sick. It was kind of embarassing. I bought something for the way back, and it knocked me over with drowsiness. I am sure that in this state I made a few comments about our training that had nothing to do with the subject at hand, and I also had to call someone and I slurled my portuguese so bad talking to the poor man on the other end.

Thank you for all of yours prayers to help us to find people to teach. It helped. Please continue! After a day trying to plan and get ready we decided to set out at night and at least try to get something done out in our area. We went to an appointment, but the man wasn´t home, there was a entering into the apartment and asked who we were looking for. Turns out it was her brother and he had commented something about our visit with her. He She invited us up, and we taught her, here boyfriend, and her mom. I remember praying that morning, just pleading really with The Lord that He would bless us with somebody to teach that day, to just let is into one home to teach a lesson. He hears and answers prayers. It was a really quick visit and we are going to go back on Tuesday. Please pray that they will be there and we can keep teaching them.  Marcio, and Renata are their names. 
We also taught the family members of a member of our ward. Mauro Tupinambá. He got called recently to be a Mission President in São Paulo! His brothers and sister are not active members in the church and their spouses and children aren´t members of the church. He invited them all over and us to be able to share a message. It was really very special, I could tell that his sister was feeling The spirit, and we are going to try to visit them again in this week. The area presidency also asked him to invite over the missionaries from his ward to have us teach him all of the missionary lessons as if he were an investigator. So we will probably be doing that over the next few weeks. He is really great, his wife Rossana is real sweet as well. 

We estabilshed a day of special baptisam reunions in the whole mission. Every stake in the mission is holding a stake baptismal service today, and all of the missionaries worked really hard to find someone and help them to be baptized on this day. Sadly, we didn´t manage to find someone, I really wanted to also contribute to this really special day... I really hope we can find some more people and the time to get out there and look for them. I would really love to have the experience of baptizing again before my mission is over, but if The Lord doesn´t see fit that that happens, I would at least like to leave a good teaching pool for Elder Barros and his companion. Please keep the people in our area in your prayers. 
Okay. I think that is about it. When I write on Saturdays I start reflecting and thinking, and it freaks me out/ gets me choked up a bit, and a lot nastolgic, so I am going to go. 
Just a little thought. I have learned to seek spiritual experiences everyday, through daily study of the scriptures. I would like to encourage everyone to set aside time EVERY day to not only read, but study the scriptures. They are so special and gives us a comprehension about why we are here and gives us an eternal perspective and to see things as they really are. 
All of my love to you. 

Elder David F Morgan

No comments: