Saturday, March 30, 2013

Conferencia de Zona. Golias

Óla! 
Wow, what a week. 
We passed this last week just preparing for zone conference. I have the feeling that I already talked about this, but since I didn´t find it in my emails, I will write about it again. So President Castro worked for the church educational system before being called as a Mission President. He is a great professor, and he always, uses object lessons and visual aids. Usually they are quite simple and we can help him out with that. This time he called us into his office and we were discussing zone conference he mentioned that he would like to train about David and Goliath and overcoming the Goliaths in our lives and missions. He asked us if we could manage to make... a life sized Goliath. Just to make things clear. Goliath had about 9.45 feet of height. WOW! 
 We assured him that we could do it (WHAT?!) and then I jokingly asked him if he would like us to get a sling as well, which he responded that yes, he would like to have a sling. Unfortunetaly we didn´t get the sling, but Goliath turned out AWESOME! We were running from here to there during the conference and I didin´t take a picture with me and Goliath (but don´t worry, I will) but I have a picture of him and Pres. Castro (who is way short) by his side that I will attatch. But everybody really liked it and were taking picture with him, I think it will be something that they will remember. 
We held conference Tuesday with 3 zones, Wednesday with 3 zones, and Thursday with 4 others. It was way special really. I am learning to give much better training and to feel more comfortable in front of the missionaries. We trained about working with the members to find people to teach and evaluating our planning. One thing that I will for sure be taking home with me is the principles of setting goals and planning. I remember in High School they gave us a planner to keep track of everything and I thought that was about the most ridiculous thing ever. Now, I see how ridiculous I was not to use it. Planning is so important to really reach our full potential and to accomplish the things we want to in this life. 



The missionaries who are in their last zone conference always bear their testimonies, and that included me this time. I had a really rare privilege to be able to bear my testimony three times, for which I am grateful. The most powerful and for me emotional conference was the last, with the zones from the countryside, which includes Pelotas. Where I served half of my time as a missionary. During the testimonys, Elder Ewer, who is a spiritual Giant, bore his testimony with a lot of conviction and love, and it really invited The Spirit, for which I am grateful because I bore my testimony next. I don´t have the adequate words to express what I feel. I don´t really find it necessary to try and to repeat what was said either. But during this conference I had some really sacred experiences. I love these missionaries so much, and I am grateful to have also felt their love. 
It was hard to say goodbye. They are my friends, I was in a city that I love. I wanted one more chance to go out and teach them. I love being a missionary so much. 

I know that God lives and Jesus Christ is His son. He atoned for our sins. During this Easter week, I hope we can remember Him.  

All of my love to you.
Elder David F Morgan

No comments: