Saturday, February 9, 2013

Zone Council, Divisions, Old Friends, Type 1

Óla! 
Hey there. 
So on monday we had a good day. We spent most of our day in a meeting, and then out of a meeting (which was an extension of the first) we taught a lady here in the office and then went back to our meeting. I don´t really remember what we did that night haha. 
We had Zone Council on Tuesday. It seems like we just had the other one, so weird how fast time goes by. We gave a training on my first day for the trainers and the new missionaries showing up, but this was my first time for the leadership group of the mission. I felt a little humbled because I felt like anything I said, anybody else in that group could have, plus we didn´t have too much time to prepare and go over what we were going to talk about, so it was hard for me to feel " in tune" or on the vibe with Elder Singelo. Plus i am not really used to giving training at all. We tried to pass some of what Elder Bednar had taught to us. It was interesting to have a moment when President was inspired to modify a little bit the practice (role playing) that we were doing and it made ALL of the difference. I love President Castro. 
I went on a division with Elder Amaral this last wednesday. It was great to be with one of my really good friends on the mission again. He was my companion for only six weeeks, but it seems like six days. But, he was assaulted on his first day that he left that area and it was pretty heavy, he hasn´t really been the same since. It was good to talk to him, and I could tell that as we talked that it helped him out a bit. I feel honored that he trusts me and opened up a lot, I also had a lot of things on my mind to talk to him about, he is really wise and a great guy, his opinion means a lot to me. 
I learned the importance of being an example, and being a hundred percent all of the time to help lift others. 
I went on exchanges with another companionship in a close by area. Eldorado do Sul. I stayed with Elder Barros in his area. He is really calm and a spiritual giant. It was great to be with him. We didn´t have to much sucess during the day. Just one lesson, but that was really good. Ha but during part of the lesson I was having a really hard time keeping my eyes open. The Lord works in misterios ways. I prayed for help to stay awake and asked what I should do, and an odd idea came into my mind,.. yup, I started descreetly yanking leg hair to get myself to wake up a bit. Weird, but effective. 
I can´t remember why I put "type 1" in the title. Oh, now I do. So we had a specialized training yesterday, or at least we were going to. I felt really bummed, we got to the office running, and we were getting things ready, and me and my type one brain (has anybody seen my keys?) forgot a few important items behind that made it pretty hard to get our training rolling. We ended up having to improvise a LOT (okay but it wasn´t completely my falt) and we are going to have to do the training again another day. I felt really dumb for having for forgotten. I am going to have to make a list to help me remember the things that we will need when we have meetings. 
I like the story of Joseph in the bible. Wherever he went, things just always worked out and The Lord was with him, he had lots of faith, never complained, and the Lord was with him. 
I think I need some positive energies, (always with the negative ways Moriardi!) gotta think of some hopeful and righteous things! 
I have been learning a lot about the study of the scriptures and its importance. I know fairly well the story of the scriptures, but the doctirnes, and principles, I haven´t even gotten to the surface to be able to scratch. I would write more, but I am going to try and take a quick power nap! 

Loves

Elder David F Morgan

No comments: