Saturday, February 2, 2013

Fiji?!?!?!

Óla! SAYWHAT?! 
Ha, I just see Shaun walking around in a grass skirt and a white shirt and tie. That is so dang exciting! I can´t believe it too, but seriously, without words, that will be so exciting and who speaks fijan? We had a missionary in our ward from Fiji right? Congrats to you Shaun, we will have about a month and a half together before you leave. Man, I am so excited, I am sure I will be telling everyone where you are going. Ha, my heart gave a great leap when I read your email. I am so grateful for the blessing that The Lord gives us to serve. I can promise that you will be richly blessed. 

Wow, I don´t really know what to say now haha. Man, but thinking about you leaving makes me sad thinking that my own mission is winding down, it passing by so fast. I always tell people that growing up in the church, I never doubted that someday I would be a missionary, I always wanted to be. I could have prepared better and clearly there are always things that when you finally have a good perspective you can´t go back (the importance of following the teachings and councils of Apostles and Prophets and the commandments, they protect us from regret) but, like I was saying. Growing up, everything in my life was focused on being a missionary someday, every Sunday school lesson, priesthood meetings, everything. Now that it would be coming to an end, I don´t know what to do...Ha, it is like the end of The Princess Bride, Inigo Montoya, spent so much time in the revenge business, that afterwards,he doesn't know what to do with his life. I love you all back home very much, but honestly the thought of going home, scares me to death and makes me really sad. Ha sorry. Wow, I just got really happy and very sad all at the same time. 

Well, another wonderful lady that we are teaching will enter into the waters of baptism today. It is so interesting her life's story. She was REALLY rich, traveled all over the world, lived in Europe, the United States, in the north east of Brasil, huge house, swimming pool, she left it all behind and started a new life here, has a little tiny apartment and is so at peace with her life and so willing to follow The Lord. Ha she is already inviting all of her friends to visit with us and to go to church with her, we are teaching her neighbor Helena that as a baptism marked for the end of this month. It is so great to see people excited about The Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

We had a little less success this week that we had hoped for, but we are working way hard. I still don´t like getting transferred because I have to get to know the area and I don´t contribute as much as I would like to, but I just don´t what streets are close to others, plus I have five weeks to learn the whole area and eveyrthing to do here in the office to be able to teach my next companion.
Our ward mission Leader here is way great. Marcio, he is really dedicated, and really works hard to keep the people who are baptized integrated with the members of the church and strengthen the people who are getting taught. I will be sure to take a picture with Elder Singelo here soon to send to you all. He is great, full of energy and gas still to work hard until the end of the mission. I am grateful for him and for the work that he does. 

The other day we went on exchanges with the missionaries of Medianeira, (where I served two areas ago with Elder Alencar) it was great to walk the area again and be with Elder Capistrano there, a missionary that I have known for awhile and that is a good friend of mine. We taught a wonderful couple that they had talked to on the street. It was a great lesson, they accepted the visit of the missionaries because there relationship is basically being held together by the fact that they have children together. I was so pleased to tell them with ALL the surety of my heart that The Restored Gospel when lived and applied blesses immensely the family and that they would be blessed. They were really receptive and I could tell that The Spirit was working in them. 

I didn´t get to see Alex and Adriana there, but I saw Josiane and also Jorge and Vitor that I taught and baptized there. 

It is REALLY hot here, I was melting this last week. Ha, Elder Singelo is trying to lose weight and I am trying to gain ( if you thought I was skinny before, I lost a bit here from always being on the run and I got a sick in Medianeira and I couldn't manage to eat much and I never managed to recuperate the weight that I lost there) so he is helping me eat a lot.
We are really trying to find new people to teach here, being down town a lot of the people we talk to are from all over the city, or the state, so we are struggling a bit to find people that we can actually teach, but for sure The Lord will lead us to them as we seek diligently. 
On the day of transfers a missionary gave me the address to a couple that are members that haven´t gone to church in a long time. It took us awhile to get there, but all yesterday we had planned to go there and we weren't getting around to it. An appointment fell through, and we remembered that we needed to go there still, but we were really far away, either way, we started in that direction. It was a little hard to find the apartment, but when we got there, Catia, this sister in the ward, started to cry and tell us how she and her husband had gotten into a fight that morning and that she had prayed so much that The Lord would help her, and then we got there. Like I have said before, there is nothing better than knowing that The Lord used you to answer someone's need, or someone's prayer. She is really humbled and desirous to go to church again and live The Gospel. 
Well, that is all I have time for. I love you all so very much! Please pray for us to be able to find people to teach. 

Com Amor
Elder David F Morgan

No comments: