Saturday, February 16, 2013

Cachoeira

Don´t have a lot of time to write today. 
Monday to Thursday is a complete blur, I am pretty sure I wrote down what happened in my journal, which I am just managing to get a hang on again. Ever since we had a two week division in Pelotas, I haven´t been able to catch up, and then the first few weeks here were super hectic. 
Thursday we went to the only district in our mission. Cachoeira (Waterfall) We held a training there with the missionaries in the zone about weekly planning.  ( SOOO inspired, a lot of missionaries hate it, but I love it!) I am so grateful to have learned to be more organized and to make goals and plans here as a missionary. I am stil not the neatest person in the whole world haha, but I am doing much better. I clean up a lot. 
Anyways. It was my first time going there. It was great. After the training I passed the day with Elder Amorim, one of the zone leaders in the area. He is a good guy, really committed and works hard, very optimistic as well. We taught a great family and talked to a lot of people in just a few hours of work. 
Yesterday we took a trip back to Porto Alegre, it was nice to travel with Presidente and Sister Castro, I think I am going to use that time to ask a lot of questions. He is really fun, but has a reverent happiness, he uses many moments to teach and I enjoy hearing his council. Sister Castro is just a joy, always smiling and she talks really fast because she speaks in Spanish half of the time, especially when she is with President Castro. 
Last night we walked A LOT and taught Helena about The Sabbath day, she is really progressing well, it astounds me! Elizabete is going to be baptized here in about an hour! WOOHOO! 
Today we went on a tour bus through Porto Alegre, I hope you enjoyed a few of the pictures. I will try to send more later. It was funny being in normal clothes. 
I gotta get off now. But just really quick. We are teaching a really great couple, but because of hard times they ended up on the street. Daniel and Pricilla. She is five months pregnant! We are doing everything we can to help them out, please keep them in your prayers. As well as my friend Elder Amaral. He has had some really rough times in the last little bit of his mission and this last week found out a family member (VERY close) had been shot and killed. Please keep them in your prayers. 

I have been learning a lot with the scriptures and had some really great learning with The Spirit about prayer. I will try to share what I learned next week. 

Love,
Elder David F Morgan

No comments: