Sunday, June 12, 2011

(No Subject)

Oi everybody. How are you all? I hope everything is great. This week went by even faster than the one before. Time seems to be in some sort of warp here. I think it really comes from being busy all day and then early to bed, early to rise and do it again. (As a missionary you go to bed at 10:30 and wake up at 6:30 every day). It seems that sometimes my head hits the pillow and then two seconds later the alarm is sounding. I am finally sleeping through the night though, after pumping brain muscles all day and then gym time at night I have been exhausted at the end of each day. I feel like a lot happened this week but I really just don't remember what happened. There has been a cat hanging around the CTM though, we named it Kevin. I would more than bet it is a stray ( a few dogs wander around the streets here too) but you really never know. Sister Sommers ( Male missionaries go by Elder and their Surname and Female missionaries go by Sister and their Surname) actually held it, which may not have been the wisest choice but she is an animal lover and nobody was going to stop her. Speaking of animals, there are a few dogs accross the street that I am begining to be concerned for their well being (completely kidding). ha. But all the new guys who are still adjusting in their sleep cycle are not pleased. Ha I was one of those once, not that I'm this wise sage by any means. You can pretty much tell when it is ten thirty without a clock though because that is when every dog in the neightborhood decides to go off. Also there is a soccer stadium near by that shoots of fireworks whenever the home team scores a goal. Or I would assume that is when they shoot them off. I never actually see them but they make a decent boom. One thing that I have failed to mention over and over again is also, that Elder Goldsberry ( my companion) is almost completely blind in his left eye. This may seem trivial but it makes for a lot of fun. Good thing he is a way cool guy, love him to death, and a good sport. I found this out because we were practicing teaching a lesson and I was sitting on his left and after I finished teaching what I was teaching I looked over at him and he didn't even seem to notice I was looking over. He just kept sitting there focused on who we were teaching. After a solid minute or two he finally looked over and realized that I was looking to him to finish. He just thought I was taking an extended dramatic pause or struggling with language (which is not uncommon on the last part). It may be a ´have to be there´kind of funny, but I thought it was hilarious. Now whenver we teach, I sit on the right. But when we walk places I am on the left so I can be his other eye and keep him for running into things, etc. Cracks us up. The scariest part about all of this though is that he has a drivers license. We are leaving the CTM this friday to go to downtown São Paulo. We are going to try and talk to people on the street there, leave them with a number to call the missionaries and a copy of The Book of Mormon, or if anything just a message about Jesus Christ. That will be exciting. I leave the CTM for Porto Alegre two weeks from yesterday. I can't believe that is coming up so fast. Every Sunday and Tuesday here we have a devotional where all the CTM gets together and we have a speaker or two and the CTM choir always sings. (Which usually consists of about anywhere from 100 to 250 missionaries depending on how many are here at the time.) I get asked to play the piano for it a lot. Love it. Ha last night I was playing for a song called Love is Spoken here. (It's a children's song within the church, Jenn please explain primary when you edit this) Primary is the organization within the chuch for children ages 3-11. The purpose of Primary is to teach the church the gospel of Jesus Christ and help them to learn how to live it. In Primary the children are taught lessons by the Primary leaders, learn songs from the Children's Song book, and go to classes which are divided by age where they are taught the gospel further. I was just using the chords to embelish the song like the director asked me to. A Sister came up afterwards and asked me for my arrangement. Ha she was kind of bummed to find out that it was different everytime and I was just making it up on the spot, but also impressed. Ha I wish I could write it down for her or something. Ironically she is from N. Carolina and knew The Arnés from when they lived there! Sister Petty is here name. I forgot her first name. Well it has been a good week. I hope everything is great back at home. That is neat that Elder Cook was at stake conference! Please tell me how that went. Did Andrew Go? Also I am so happy for Skyler to have left on his mission. He will love it. I love you all, take care, and take care of other people, its important. Seu Filho, Irmão, e Amigo. Elder David Morgan

No comments: