Monday, January 14, 2013

Lots of stuff going on

Óla,
Man, this was a really long week. We went to Porto Alegre, and passed P-Day traveling and in the mission office.
Did I mention that two short term missionaries are here with us? Yes I believe I did. Elder Sanchez is my companion. I really like him a bunch, but I also miss Elder Ewer already, even though I see him every day. I actually met Elder Sanchez on my first day here. I was walking with Elder de Almeida, and he was with a buddy, and came up behind us. He put on a face of being a stoner and asked. " Hey dude, what do I do to be mormon?" and when I responded about baptisms etc, he asked " Could I get baptized today?" haha, then he told me he was a member here. So it was funny when I found out he was the member being called to be my companion. He sings a lot ha.

Honestly, this week just wiped me out. We didn´t really have a p day, so we came home to a messy house, put two more elders in a small apartment, and we divided up our area and went to work. We had some really good moments teaching this week, and experiences where we felt very guided by The Spirit, but it seems like everything went wrong this week. But that happens sometimes, The Lord tests our faith a little bit, but you just dust yourself off and keep going.
We had a lot of people comitted to coming to church yesterday, in the end, the only one who came was the least likely, a 15 year old kid that we contacted on the street Saturday night and invited, his name is also Matteus. I´m not sure why Matteus and Rejane didn´t go, and we haven´t been able to talk to them yet, but we are going to go there tonight.

Yesterday we were walking past an apartment, and I saw that the window was open, I passed and then the feeling came to me that we should go back, I´ve learned that it is important to follow your "hunches" as a missionary, so we did, and we ended up having a great lesson with two local students here about The Plan of Salvation.

We are seeking to work with the members here to find new people to teach and I know that we are on the right track. The zone has gotten much better too, I feel good about that. I can tell that even if we haven´t seen the results we have hoped for in our area, the change in the zone and the missionaries has been quite mighty. I hope and pray that The Lord will bless us soon to have some fruits of our own and help the ward here. We found Carlos again, he is really great, understand well, and has a lot of desire, but it would appear that he has a drinking problem that gets him down, that is why he didn´t go to church yesterday.

Our area is getting an intensive overhall with two companionships here and I am sure that this next transfer we will have a lot of new people to teach. Loves. I am so excited to hear that Shaun will be serving in Brazil when I read his email this next week :P  Ha ha (note from the Mom, David is hoping Shaun will go to Brazil, we are still waiting for his call)

Loves!

Elder David F Morgan

No comments: