Monday, December 3, 2012

So glad this week is over!


Óla!
Wow, I was sooo excited to see my new lil niece Scarlet! Glad to hear that she and Krista are doing good! Last week I went to the computer way excited but she hadn´t been born yet, this week, we had such a crazy week that when I went to go check email, I had totally forgotten that I was waiting for a new niece/nephew. I think she has more of Kenny´s face, but we´ll see when she gets older :P Congrats Krista and Kenny, way happy for you guys, and I can´t wait to meet her, and ALL of my new nieces!
Okay, we have got to grab a bus to Porto Alegre today, so I don´t have a lot of time... sorry!
 
The week started off relatively good, we found a few people to teach, and we also taught with a few members too, it was looking like it was going to be one of our best work weeks yet (here). But, honestly, this was one of the saddest and most frustrating weeks I have had so far.
 
Friday we got a call from the missionaries in Simões Lopes, Elder Eduardo had disappeared. They had come home after lunch and when nobody was looking (for reasons that shouldn´t have happened) he took off without anybody noticing. We flew over there and started to look for him, we went to the bus station, looked through his stuff to find clues to where he would have gone, called people, talked to EVERYONE. After awhile he went to a members house and called from there. Looks like he just didn´t have the desire to be a missionary anymore. Needless to say I was crushed. Elder Eduardo was one of the best missionaries I had ever worked with and without a doubt the best District Leader I have ever had too. When he got in the area there was nothing, and in a few short weeks Simões was the best area in our zone again, I went on a division wiht him last week and was really edified. I was going to hang on to him for as a long as a could, but then i was going to recommend him as a zone leader. It was a real tragedy. Elder de Almeida rode of to Porto Alegre with him ( it is about 3 1/2 hours from here) on Friday for him to be sent home. For sure the saddest thing that has ever happened in my zone...
 
That was the sad part, the frustrating part happened yesterday. But I don´t really want to go into details there.
 
Iago, is ready to be baptized, so next weekend it will probably happen, i am way excited for him. He is a WAY special kid, and it looks like he will have lots of other friends to invite, the young men's group is going to love us, and we are going to try and to teach the families of all of these guys!
Luis Fernando, is just a dry member (hasn´t been baptized) He is living the commandments, going to church EVERY Sunday, on his own will, has a testimony of the truthfulness of The Restored Gospel. Needless to say, it is a blessing to teach him. Ha, the frustrating part of our week was that he should be getting baptized, and wants to, but for some other reasons, it is taking awhile. (nothing to do with him, and none of the frustration is directed at him.)
 
This week is looking like it should be great, and I am excited for Zone Council to be able to learn something and be lifted up again and receive revelation. President Castro is always amazing.
 
Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers, especially in behalf of our success here. When we got here the zone was way down, but it is way better now, there is still lots of room to improve, but it is something we can work with now, and is being a force for good to happen.
 
All of my love.
It´s begining to look a lot like Christmas... :)
Elder David F Morgan

No comments: