Monday, December 17, 2012

Good GOOD week

Óla! 

Wow, what a nice week. So Elder Ewer is SUCH a good companion. I am glad that I have always gotten along well with my comps, there were one or two that wore more difficult, but even then it wasn´t hard, and they have all been good workers. But seriously, Elder Ewer is from Oregon, is a REALLY hard worker, kind of nerdy, and reminds me a bunch of Grant  (but not too much cause Grant is one of a kind awesome!) 

We had a few days (Monday and Tuesday) that we were in transfers so it was pretty hard to get work done in our area, but he showed up with a much of excitement to get out there and do the work, The Lord blessed us a lot, and we had a great week. 

Tuesday during transfers I was with Elder Peters from a near by area. We were in my area but I felt inspired to go to his area and see if we could get some investigators for him and his new companion Elder Del Pino before he arrived. ( Also, LOVE Elder Del Pino, I was his ZL when he started the mission, great guy, and from Chile) We only had about two or three hours of work but we managed to talk to lots of people, I got to know Elder Peters, and what was going on in the district, and also we marced two baptisms! 

This week we planned a lot of new ideas for finding new people,and one of those was to offer to show the Christmas DVD Mundo Feliz, which we felt was particulary inspired as we planned. ( dunno how it is in english... oh I think it is Joy to The World, haha I was gonna write. Happy World) It is a new approach and has been kind of find to find ways to use the Church films to teach people. 
Yesterday we were walking to go to another part of our area, and we were walking in the VERY hot sun, and so I suggested we cut through another road to be walking in the shade, when we got on the new road, we passed a house and I felt prompted to stop and knock there. A little old lady opened the door and we offered to show here the short film, when we explained it was free she let us in haha. Then here son showed up and we all watched. He explained that he has always looked for lots of answers to questions he has and he has never found the answers ( questions of the soul!) and we asked if we could come back another day and see if we could try our hand at answering his questions. We are going back Friday. During the film, I felt The Spirit really strong when it was showing some of the events of The Saviors life and how he served people, I wondered what it would have been like to personally know Him, and I felt His love so strong. I looked around and asked to myself. " Man, are they feeling this too?" I had hoped so, our short discussion afterwards confirmed that they had. I am excited to get back there on friday. 

Luis is going home for a few weeks, and we are praying he has some experiences there that will help him have the desire to be baptized when he comes home. Iago´s mom still isn´t allowing him to be baptized, but he is also going strong. We found some families this week and new people that we have a lot of hope for. 

Ya, my time is running out. So Also. Uh Christmas. I will use Skype. Send my my info again about the account, cause I forgot. Send me a time better for you too. I will have  a moment to check email during the week and we can coordinate. I am excited, but it also freaks me out a lot. Loves

Elder David F Morgan

No comments: