Monday, September 17, 2012

I Never Imagined....

Oi!
Well, I would have never imaged, but I got transfered. :( I am Really sad because I won´t be here for Alex and Adriana´s baptism, or Fran´s. I could have sworn I was going to be released as a zone leader and train a new missionary, or that I would be here for another transfer w/ Elder Alencar. Anyways, I am being transfered back to...... Pelotas! The city where I started my mission, I will be ten minutes away from Simões Lopes where I started. I would have never imaged. Except for this morning during exercising, It suddenly came to my mind that I was going there, and then the assistents called and told me where I would be going. So weird, exciting, and very sad to be leaving... again.
So! JORGE and VÍTOR were baptized and confirmed! Due to some happenings in Jorges past, it was necessary to have our first counselor from the mission, Pres. Yamasaki interview him for baptism, and it was very special. The baptisms looked like it might be a small turn out and a little rough, our ward mission leader had to go to the hopsital with his step son, it was raining like crazy, but lots of members came to support them, we asked people on the spot to help out in certain things and it was actually REALLY spiritual He is very happy, he knows that this is the best place for him to raise his sons.
It is basically a river on the street outside, so Alex couldn´t come to church, there is now way he could got off that giant hill in that kind of weather, next week I hope we can get a ride figured out for them.
We managed to contact a lot of referals this week. I never passed in an area where I had SO much success than here with E. Alencar, (another reason why I am sad to leave) We are working side by side with the members and they are really trying to help us, and we are obviously receiving The Lord´s blessings for that. I am very please. There were 7 people baptized in our zone this week, with more coming. It is so great to see so many people repenting, and so many missionaries working hard to help these people. We have a goal of 17 baptisms in our zone for this month, and I really believe that it will happen. There is a real attitude of faith and success in the mission.
Okay, I am going to be saying goodbye to everyone tonight, so I am going to go.
I know that The Lord hears and answers our prayers, and that we can be an instrument in His hands if we let Him, and there is nothing that brings more happiness.
Elder David F Morgan

No comments: