Monday, September 24, 2012

De Volta Para Pelotas

Óla!
I think beyond being a missionary and zone leader I have another calling: clean the apartment after messy/dirty missionarys. When I walked into our apartment on tuesday night, I informed Elder de Almeida that we would not be leaving the next day, because I don´t even think Satan would want to be in our apartment, much less the Holy Ghost, and we are in great need of The Lord´s guidance. So the next day after lunch, we bought some cleaning equipment and went to work. We managed to clean the bathroom and most of the kitchen, but there was still a lot of a mess. I think I am paying for the hastle and mess the I used to leave at home hehehe :) So now our apartment is slightly messy, but at least clean.
I was worried about what would happen when we got to Pelotas, because we got on the bus in a hurry, the secretaries didn´t know up with our tickets and the bus was leaving, then we found out they hadn´t bought enough, so we were scrambling. We didn´t have a phone on the bus to call ahead to Pelotas to see if someone would be waiting for us there. Luckily they were and it all turned out alright.
For now we don´t have a real teaching group, we are basically opening up the area here, but at least E. Almeida knows the area a bit and the members, he has only six weeks here. We went around getting to know the members, leaving a missionary message with them, and asking for referals, we managed to get a few that look promissing. This is my first time working in a down town area, lots of buildings, stores, and apartments, so I am a little bit a a loss of how to conitnue with the work, but I feel that working with members, and former investigators will give us much sucess.
It was fun to see some people from Simões at the chapel, but on sunday we were in a rush as we left and so I didn´t get to say hi to everyone. I hope to be able to next week.
Wow, I almost just lost this whole email and I am already in a rush. I love that google saves the email along the way. Just saying.
For now that is all. It will be challenging, but I am sure with The Lord´s help we will be able to do great good here.
Elder de Almeida, (new companion, from São Paulo) is way great, I already like him a bunch. We didn´t really have that kind of awkward getting to know you phase, it seems like we have already been buddies for a while. He reminds me of Shaun a lot ha. Oh and it is his birthday today. :) 20 years old.
Please send us your thoughts and prayers, we are needing them.
I hope all is well back home. I try to remember to pray for you all :P but sometimes my mind is so fried at night that even a simple prayer is a real struggle, I am still sleeping like a rock at night. Lots of love to you all.
Elder David F Morgan

No comments: