Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Connie Lou

Seriously, I am just so tired.
Oi! So this week will make six months here in Brasil, that is ridiculously hard to believe, it passes so fast.
We had interviews with President Swenson this last week... or maybe it was the week before, I don´t really remember anymore. Ha it was pretty quick. We talked about old junker cars for a little bit, I expressed my sadness over the news of  *Connie Lou´s demise.
It was a nice day today, I set up my hammock and took a good nap, it felt SOOOOO good. We just changed to ´summer schedule´ (Day light saving time) We jumped forward, so we lost an hour of sleep Saturday night and it was hard to fall asleep last night. Does that put me five hours ahead of home now, or will it be six when the U.S changes time?
I am sorry, this is looking like it will be another short one.
I did a little study on gratitude this week, I was feeling like kind of a schmuck so I had to burn myself a little bit. Presidnet Monson gave a really good talk on gratitude a year ago in conference that I went and read and was humbled and filled with gratitude for how richly The Lord blesses me.
http://lds.org/general-conference/2010/10/the-divine-gift-of-gratitude?lang=eng&query=,+%28name%3a%22Thomas+S.+Monson%22%29+%28collection%3a%22general-conference%22%29
(That is the talk I read, highly recommended)
Anyways, time to head out for now.
I love you, take care.
Seu Filho, Irmão, e amigo
Elder David F. Morgan

*Connie Lou is the name David gave to our old blue Ford Contour that was recently totaled.

No comments: